1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 749/999 Fairing Lowers

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by katanamak, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Had a couple of scratches on my 2006 999 fairing lower which I have had successfully sprayed.
    While this was being done I bought both brand new lowers just in case I didn’t like the result.
    These arrived in what looks like the original DUCATI packaging and are spotless and brand new. They also have similar numbers to my originals ( if a little earlier) and measure up the same. However as soon as I opened the box I could clearly smell they were fibreglass.
    Now being a bit of a stickler for originality I would not want to fit copies even tho they look exactly the same. I have been told that they were originally made in fiberglass, but others have said that DUCATI never made fiberglass ones so must be copies.
    Anyone know for certain?
    Mark

2. Originals were definitely not fibreglass. You should find part numbers on original fairings.

3. Thanks for answering.
    As I said , part numbers are on the fairings.
    You have confirmed what two other people have yet 2 others are adamant that these are genuine.
    I can quote the part numbers but a tad pointless unless the recipient knows exactly what they should be

4. The later bikes had those lightweight see through panels.

5. Ta, but I’m talking about the lower part of the fairing. No mesh panels on these on any year or s, r

6. Or do you mean see through as in plastic/ opaque red panels?

7. They made a track fairing in fibreglass but I've never heard of them for the road.
    I think fe might be referring to some clear plastic fairings which a few people had. Not OEM IIRC.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information