1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749/ 999 Led Indicators ,brake & Panel Lights

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Cromwelluk, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Hi
    I tend to change as many of the lamps (bulbs) for LED's as they are lower power and last longer
    Changed the indicators this afternoon and there is a " leakage" and the LEDs are on all the time but very low , on previous bikes i changed the flasher unit and had to do a diode mod as the panel indicator had to be a filament lamp and there was no need for ballast resistors
    Read a few posts and it seems there is no flasher unit and the output is controlled via the dash panel can you confirm and has anybody else had issues fitting LED lamps
    While I'm here i may as well ask what type pf lamps are on the dash panel

Cheers
    Eddie

2. You need to add resistors.

3. Do they flash at the normal rate?
    If so, I might consider the low, always-on status to be a bonus, as extra running lights.
    I know someone with a Honda Rebel that has this as standard and I rather like the idea.
    I have swapped the dim Incandescent parking/side light bulb in my screen for a bright white led version and it makes a great running light for extra road presence.

4. The indicators seem to flash about the same rate , and work ok
    At first thought it was a reflection from the garage light but if you cover them up they are on very very low
    So no good as additional lights
    One of the reasons to swap to LED is as you say have bright parking / side light , also longer lasting , higher output lighting with less power and heat to cause problems
    I'll measure the battery drain current the weekend to see if its within spec

5. Any more on this??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information