1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749 Dark Vs Termignoni

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by andy crosse, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Hi all

I have an 04 749, I've fitted a termignoni half system, changed air filters to pipecross.
    I have an opportunity to buy performance ecu for termignoni exhaust, but I'm unsure if it is suited to the dark model.
    What I mean by that, is the engine the same in the dark compared to s model?
    I did buy tune ecu, but that wont work with the current ecu.

Any advice appreciated,

2. It's not the same. Different pistons, crank, cams etc.

3. So new ecu would be pointless then I'm guessing

4. Yes, and the bike will work just fine with the stock ECU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. From what you are saying your bike is fitted with the IAW59M ECU. The bike will run with the stock ECU but you will be running lean. This could lead to popping and banging from the exhaust. You really need the 979000166 map for the 59M or fit a later IAW5AM with the 96513904b map.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had no idea a Dark was that different. I thought it was just colour of the fairings! Are they better than an S then?

7. Dark has the same engine as the base model.

8. So it’s a monoposto version of the biposto with black fairings then? Does it share the S frame or biposto?

9. It has nothing to do with monoposto or biposto. Dark is the budget version with matte black fairings, silver frame/subframe/rims all years, old style belt covers all years, no steering damper, no adjustable headstock, cheaper frame than base and S etc. All the 749 frames (Dark, base, S, R) are different.

• Dark: no steering damper mount, non-adjustable headstock, round swingarm pivot mount, single rearset position, fixed tank and exhaust brackets
    • Base model: steering damper mount, non-adjustable headstock, round swingarm pivot mount, single rearset position, fixed tank and exhaust brackets
    • S: steering damper mount, adjustable headstock, oval swingarm pivot mount, five rearset positions, fixed tank and exhaust brackets
    • R: steering damper mount, adjustable headstock, oval swingarm pivot mount, two rearset positions, removable tank and exhaust brackets

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the info jusutus. I always thought my biposto was the lowest spec of the 3 models and the dark was a special edition (fairings) S monoposto to model. I have seen darks with black frames. I’m guessing they were just fairings on something else then.

When you say fixed tank, I can position my biposto tank/seat unit as one unit back and forwards in 3 positions or do you mean something else?

11. @Shaun I mean the tank mount on the frame. On R models it can be removed due to Supersport homologation. Monoposto models have the adjustable tank/seat/tail position with three holes on the subframe. Biposto only has one hole.

#12 jusutus, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dark was only a bi. I've just converted mine to mono.
    749 dark, is matt
    999 nero is gloss

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Every time you speak i believe in divine intervention.

14. Dont forget the 749s mono in glossy black

15. @Exige will be along shortly to confirm

16. Not seen any of those

17. Wow, you know your stuff
    The ecu I was looking at doesn't match those numbers, goes with out saying they are silly money.
    The bikes not running badly at all so I'll play it by ear. Thanks for your help

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. here you go

IMG_20200727_1426182_LI.jpg

IMG_20200727_1426420.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information