1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Ducati Week One And It's Forum Time

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Jamie Denny, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Hello all,

I have made the most of lock down and red wine which has resulted in a purchase of a 749 2003. Second ducati (after a monster many years ago, does that count?).
    Of course I am one week in so the bike has already been on the workshop for three days and I am now looking for parts :) viva italia

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi and welcome. Stick up some pics of your bike and yes, monsters of course count.

not sure about scramblers though :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Welcome!
    Pics and bins or it didn’t happen!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Welcome Jamie :):upyeah:

5. Welcome and enjoy

6. Thanks, I'll stick some pics up when it is in my possession long enough to take them :).

Unfortunately some darling locals tried to steal the bike last night and have snapped the steering damper.

• WTF WTF x 1
  7. I have a spare steering damper from an 03 749s...

I 'dropped' my bike a while back and though I'd damaged it as you can hear the oil moving lock to lock, so I replaced it with a new one which did the same - there's no physical damage to it. Of course, I'd expect you to check it's serviceable, but it's yours if you want it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. That’s really bad news - bastards!

9. amazing, yes please. Ill drop you a DM as the kids say

10. yes, luckily an old chap chased them off. probably a good thing i didn't catch them. first ride as well !

11. Just went out to look at the damage a bit closer and they clearly had a go at the steering damper thinking it was the steering lock. Also punching a hole in the air duct in the process!

IMG_20200623_134732.jpg

IMG_20200623_134737.jpg

12. Not only nasty but also incompetent!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Indeed, luckily the air filter caught all of this before the engine swallowed it.

IMG-20200623-WA0005.jpeg

14. Oh bless you you need a bin for the broken bits can we have s pic of the bin please it keeps me happy :)

Welcome into our mad house

15. Welcome and what a horrible start.

16. Oh this is going to tickle you pink then.

I loosened the yoke bolts to move the forks and the front end has successfully dropped all the way down. I now have absolutely no way to lift it up now.

Maybe I'll leave it in the car park and claim off the insurance :)

IMG_20200623_180045.jpg

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Done :)

Give Russ a call at Ducati Mondo 01422 345823 he’s got a 749 he’s breaking, I’m pretty sure it has the ducts still. I have a slight reservation suggesting this as it’s practically my private donor bike o_O

18. That’s shit news mate...it will get sorted mate be patient it will soon be right

19. Hi and welcome to our beloved Ducati forum sorry to hear of the near theft of your motorcycle and thanks for the pics but we do need pictures of your bins it keep us all happy

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information