1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749...rough Running..

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Battleshipgrey, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Morning all...so after new forks calipers plastics etc i thought i would give the bike a bit of a run out...after the bike got hot it started running rough..not picking up fully on acceleration and nearly everytime to slow down for lights it would cut out and die It also smells of fuel a bit...It always re-statred right away but still not run right..
    Its got Termi slip on and i have decatted front pipe but its not been mapped since..also does a little bit of popping on over run but nothing spectacular...i have read a few posts regarding similiar issues and am hoping for a few opinions as to where to start...plugs, fuel filter, coils ecu?..I am a some point gna try and get it to Cjs for map but want to sort this first..hopefully its something small..
    Its an 06 749 Dark btw...
    Cheers everyone.

2. I had something similar on mine, it was hesitating at about 7k but would rev out fine when I was parked up.

I removed the fuel pump and there was a lot of crap around the pickup I assume from being old fuel.

I cleaned everything out, including striping the pump down and cleaning the fuel strainer, changed the filter and o-ring and it cured the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mine was bogging under acceleration after running fine. new filter, o ring and fresh fuel and all cured. see my earlier post re the single use clips etc if you go down that route

• Like Like x 1
  4. as said, depending on when last done, it's worth working your way through service items and usual suspects listed on the Forum, and if no joy then all ignition related electrical items and connectors, that irritating little relay and check front coil for previous water ingress/ corrosion/overheating.

• Like Like x 1
  5. So it's had a bit of work done on it, has the bike been sat a while,?
    Wondered if the fuel was a bit iffy?

6. I bought the bike during first lockdown thinking i'll just tart it up when i can..but it went straight up to Ducati John for full looking at new belts and service..so from then until now its prob only done couple of hundred miles..one of the first times it happened i had to wait for about 15 mins for it to start up again after it conked at a set of lights.. and i'm sure it had standard can and pipe on then..i have sort of put these problems down to bad fuelling after putting the Termi on and decatting without remapping...but after reading all the various posts..i think it could be a combination of all of these..regarding crap fuel..i suppose there could be a chance of it being sludged from not being fully cleaned out during lockdown etc and not doing many miles but i have tried to get out now and again albeit only for an hour here and there....strangeley i have just pulled the paperwork out from when it was serviced and it states the plugs were not changed..only cleaned...gna start there and check coils etc and report back...thanks for all your help so far..

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information