1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Vs 848 As A Track Hack

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by RC1, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Which would you choose to develop your track craft if a totally numpty novice? ive never ridden anything other than an r6 and my current 748r and am by all accounts a crap rider

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 848.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I bought a 749 for a track bike... Only reasons were it was cheap (untill the engine went pop after 80 mins of track use) and I had one for road use and loved it.
    Although I've only ridden an 848 for not many miles, on the road, I would chose that over the 749 personally.. quite similar in engine characteristics but the 848 just feels more focused and easier to ride..
    Not saying the 749 is no good but the 848 felt better to me..
    As a side note, after my 749 let go, I done a session on @Not Carl Fogarty 's r6 and probably went faster on my first lap on that than I ever did on the 749 ..
    Sad but true...

4. Or ignore being a crap riding, get a 1000 bike which is fast on the straight and annoy all your mates who say you’re crap because they still wont be able to overtake ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. And then complain it's still not fast enough in a straight line as the corner exit lines are all wrong.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. gsxr 750

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Having had a 999 and a 1098 i’d say you need to try them both as the two handle very differently.

Also the 749 frame came in a couple of versions if i recall, s and non s ( ignoring the r), with different adjustability?

8. Good, ain't they. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Just buy my 'blade, save £££ and have a reliable, cheap to fix track bike to learn on. It's quick enough to get to bottom end fast group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Actually not a bad shout tbh

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Probably a hell of a lot cheaper to maintain too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Depends how you feel about size and weight

848 is lighter

749 has a better riding position and variable rake on the S version

• Like Like x 1
  13. Depends on rider, I couldn’t even get my head lifted to see on a T9, the 848 was an armchair in comparison

14. Yes, as per my comment on how he feels about size

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information