1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Wanted. Not Red .

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by SteveSpic, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Hi all, new here so hello, I'm on the hunt for an 749 preferably in yellow but definitely not in red (unlucky colour) obviously something in good condition with a good history and recent belts and valve clearances done would be great. My budget is really 4k if that will get me in one. I was originally looking to buy an 848 but I can't really stretch there cash wise at the moment due to starting a new business.
    Many thanks
    Steve

2. You not fancy this Yellow 749, seems to meet all your criteria? :)
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11496298...rentrq:2180e47a17c0a44cfbcfe1b5fffd259a|iid:1

#2 DucatiScud, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  3. Can't see your link ?
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the link, I have seen this and been in touch with the seller. Would be nice to see some more maybe something slightly later

5. Sadly too much

6. Budgets are just a guideline in life, sometimes you've to go over that mark for your dream bike.

7. and haggle

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Always or be disappointed with the outcome forever.

9. So I done a little bit of research into the bike that's in the above link, the non S model, the selle sent me a receipt for belts, value clearances etc etc, I thought it was odd that there was no reg number on the invoice so I called the service agent this morning, turns out he sometimes forgets to add reg numbers so no big deal, but he did remember the bike and how lean it was and that is was in quite good condition, he also remembered it had a fueling issue and for what ever reason it need to to go to a rolling road to iron out the flat spot in the midd range, the then owner didn't want to do this due to cost as the bill was already quite high, and it seems he sold it, now obviously I've not seen or ridden the bike so I can't confirm this but to me it seems odd that the current seller bought the bike just after it was seen by the independent and then a 1000 miles later is selling like I've said I've not ridden it so can't confirm the fueling issue but for now I think I will pass. Got enough headaches .

10. Also, the wheels are not forged on that bike, despite the stickers on them.

11. 1,000 miles means nothing unless there is a timespan, there are a lot of bike owners that barely ride their motorcycles. My mates bought a 05 Aprilia with 4K on the clock, the last owner only managing 400 miles in 12 Months having spent over 1K getting it serviced and such.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information