1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749bip... First Ride Out With My Best Mate...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by verney wood, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Afternoon all...
    Today I should have been stripping my 749 as it keeps cutting out .... not ideal .. but the sun was out and my best mate phoned to say let's ride .... so I did the stupid thing and said Yep... went out for about 2.5 hrs .. first 2 hour great went from a place called whissendine to Melton to grimsthorpe ... to stamford ... it all went wrong on the home straight ... the old 749 started to mess about cutting out and causing me a load of trouble.... but bless her she got me home... I'm convinced its fuel related now filled up before going on the ride and towards the end when I'm getting low all the hassel starts .. so.. instead if fun I'm stripping down the tank during the evenings this coming week....
    Hope you have all had fun today with your Ducati bikes ... happy riding

Vern

IMG_20200308_100747_778.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Did you see Bertie ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. yep

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lots of bikers about today, whilst I was heading back down from wakefield. Those northern A-roads are so tempting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. What about the fuel tank breather blocked? what cap have you got?

• Like Like x 1
  6. fuel relay

• Like Like x 1
  7. Will check

8. Will check

9. when you undo the fuel cap after a ride does it really suck air in?

• Like Like x 1
  10. No . Thinking about things.. I filled up before ride out today and problem didn't start until towards end of ride and importantly... I was weaving quite hard to get some heat in the tyres and it started doing it really badly after this ... dirt or water in tank may be .. tanks coming off tomorrow evening and will see if that's the problem...fingers crossed

11. I would try the simpler things @ducati dad and @andyb have suggested.

these guys know what the are talking about

• Like Like x 1
  12. You'll get far more heat in your tyres from braking hard and accelerating hard than weaving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ok noted thanks

14. Ok will go to the relay first

15. Welcome to the forum

16. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  17. welcome in, as others have said, try the simple things first, relays are cheap and well known to be an issue on all the bikes but particularly the 749/999 due to placement I believe. then move on to cleaning out the tank and replacing the fuel filter, I don't think it's the latter but if you are removing the tank you may as well while you are there to avoid future issues. Get yourself some spare viton (however they are spelt) fuel O-rings, always good to put fresh ones in to stop it pumping out under load.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks for the info... taken the tank off tonight... the fuel pump was loose in the housing... and the filter on the bottom of the pump not attached .... hope that I've found the issue ... out for a quick ride to see tomorrow... fingers crossed ...

19. Thanks ..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information