1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749r For Sale On Tdr Forum

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Skidmark66, Apr 26, 2018.

1. As title if anyone wants to pop over there for a look. There is pictures and a description. Nothing to do with me im just a member on there.

2. Thread moved

3. Moved to where?

4. From general discussion to the sale section

5. Is that a good price for a cat d 749r?

6. Just found it and noticed Cat D

7. It’s quite leggy and in need of some TLC too, by the owners own admission. There’s a low mileage one on eBay for c11k. Is one of them good/ bad value? I’ve no idea with 749/999r’s.

8. Cat d is nothing to be scared of if correctly repaired, it's all in the mind

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. And in the re-sale value too though, I’d guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes but you buy a cat d cheaper in the first place it's all relevent

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cat c is different cat d could be half a set of plastics replaced thats it ....no wonder the insurance world is how it is

12. And in the underwriters back pocket too, I'd imagine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I know that, chum, but I also mean in terms of the difficulty of selling it etc. There’s a cost to that, as you’d spend ages trying to convince everyone that it was all in the mind or possibly just a couple of scratches.

14. My old 848 is on eBay now as posted on here this morning that's a cat d had it 3 years, what a bit of kit that is, it's up at £4995 I sold it for less than 4K 18 months or so ago....I bought the bike for £4,395 with a slipper clutch , race Ecu, full 70 mm race system....it was the bargain of the century, I also sold the ecu and system for nearly a grand, I would happily pay 4.5k now to get that cat d bike back...it might still have a slipper on it....

15. But you’re obviously ok with buying Cat D stuff. And you know that bike (sounds nice, btw). My point is not everyone would be, and not every Cat D is just a couple of scratches. I suspect it’s the not knowing part that causes people to hesitate, most especially since sellers are often known to fib.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Yes understandable but there is some real cat d bargains like my old 848 as long as its like I sold it, I've just reduced my rvf price to try get it back ha ha

17. Would somebody be so kind as to post a link please. Ta.

#18 RickyX, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. Thing is if the bike is fairly seriously damaged it won't be on cat d it will be a c

19. Hi I have been asked to do a link to the add. Im sorry but showing my complete ignorance regarding PCs I don't know how. I only posted this in case it was of some use to somebody. Im off work at the moment due to minor opp but im going into work later for an hour or so I will ask my business partner to do a link.
    Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information