1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749r Potential Purchase

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Etherion, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    Came across a 749r that looks interesting. However, i dont know what the bike comes with as standard.
    ie - i know the 999r came with a dedicated bike cover, plaque, rear paddock stand etc.

thinking of checking this one out - any issues? is that a full exhaust? i only know the banana swingarm one is the one to have.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-749R/302635407897?hash=item467679da19:g:6l8AAOSwf15agHRg

Any potential issues? apart from a major service?

2. Looks like a nice example and a good price.

Like the 999r it should have the plaque with frame number etc and identifying number on the top yoke.

The exhaust is the 50mm full system, slightly smaller than the full Super Sport 57mm (banana) version you mention. But arguably better suited to the 749r.

Service history is everything really, check when the belts were last changed and check the condition in general. The pannles come off easily so make sure you get the owner to remove them so you can have a good look under the hood.

Good luck :upyeah:

3. Check last valve service as that can be a 4 figure number.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Looks lovely though. I'd love one.

5. It looks like a good deal potentially.
    I would ask more about the JHP head work - what exactly was done?
    Exhaust, in my opinion, is an early 57mm system like I have on mine. These were round, no banana section, otherwise they are the same.
    Good luck.

#5 RickyX, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  6. the right price but check out the paper work and condition first:upyeah:

7. I've got one... lovely bike.... but not comfy if you are cuddly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. picture?:thinkingface::)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. You want a picture of me?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. the bike you muppet:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Just noticed it has remote brake and clutch reservoirs, race master cylinders and quick action throttle...you may want to enquire if it has been raced/tracked a lot. That may also explain the “tuned engine” reason.
    That in itself is not a bad thing for some people (like me) but it may put others off.
    My bike, like @AirCon ’s have got Supersport heads, engine work which really increase the power over standard. Just had mine serviced at 6000miles and Rich Llewellin said the heads and valves were still spot on.
    Good luck with the viewing.

#11 RickyX, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  12. The nose cone and left fairing aren't fitting to well either

13. They look ok to me.

14. Really?
    upload_2018-2-17_12-7-48.png

15. Oh, ok. I agree.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. With it's race fairing on.
    IMG_1226.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thanks for all the replies. Decided won't be viewing this one.
    If anyone has one they are looking to part ways - do let me know.

18. I think i did see another one on ebay for 12k?:thinkingface:

19. i know - i'm a sucker for carbon though:) has to be the carbon fairing model though.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information