1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749r

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Ollie749R, Dec 27, 2017.

1. On my service book there is a sticker with a barcode. Under the barcode is the frame number and under that it states MOTO 749R GBR 05 MON R. Does anyone know what this means. I'm assuming it means 749R UK 2005 model?

2. What bike do you have?
    I will take a stab at an 05 749r mono....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Monoposto.
    Single seater

4. Doesn’t the MON mean Monday and the R mean reject?

Don’t worry, it’s not worth much but it’s Christmas, so I’d be happy to take a bath and offer you a few hundred for it.... ;)

5. Do you have a 2 vent or 4 vent front fairing ? There is a possibility that you have a 2005 Model Year engine in a bike that was registered in late 2004. Andy

6. It is a 749R. The confusion lies in the fact that I know it was built in November 2004, it doesn't have carbon fairings so is a 2005 spec bike. Just wondering if the data on the service book confirms that although it was built towards the end of 2004, it is in fact a 2005 bike.

7. It was common for Ducati to make model revisions in the year prior to launch but release them into bikes towards the latter part of that year. I have a 2002MY 748R that was registered in September 2001. Andy

8. how much is bathing him worth do you think? :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yes, 05 bike manufactured Nov 04 - next years models usually start being manufactured Sept / October across the automotive industry as a general rule.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. its a bitza??

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. His 749r ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Many thanks for your responses. I emailed the factory and within 24 hours they responded confirming that the bike was built in November 2004 and is a UK 2005 model. They even phoned me to confirm that I had received the email. Very good service at anytime of the year, but quite amazing over the Christmas period when I would have expected the factory to be closed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information