1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749s Black Mono

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by RC1, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Theres one on bike trader. It looks good but im not too up to speed on these. Its got a new speedo and has some aftermarket bits

What would it cost to get it back to standard and what would a fair price be? Its owed a belt service and its had a long gap between 2 most recent services

2. Get up to speed, send a link and some well thought questions.

3. If you cant contribute meaningfully dont participate in the thread. Its simple really

4. I think he meant get up to speed by posting a link so people can help you? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. im not convinced Ex

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. yep bang on mate
    it was between the 09 and 10 service at around 3600 miles
    i dont really know what is standard though on these things ie the hugger, guard and heat shield etc? i should be speaking to the vendor tomorrow

7. Standard bits are cheap as chips if you want it standard so I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure it is a genuine mono - it should have a code card, red key and 2 black keys. The code card will show mono and country as the example below on the bar code:

IMG_0177.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I can see why he is selling he has no chance of ever of getting on it he makes me look like a basketball player... that looks superb as a long term bike that you cannot lose money on if it is genuine and straight
    Not sure how long it’s been for Sale but I bet not long and it will not be around much longer probably less after this discussion that anyone can intercept...get it deposited

9. And it's originally from Leeds too ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. If that bikes as good as it looks it’s a no brainer in 2 or 3 years time it will look a cheap purchase if hpi clear and straight ...looks splendid

11. Agree, but still suck through teeth at it o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I had a yellow one didn’t like the rain but a very nice road bike the black looks better wonder if it’s genuine bodywork I guess it will be stamped

13. Yes, well the dates are moulded in not stamped - always best to check the inside of the panels for repairs :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. good intel chaps lovely

15. Yep if seller reluctant to let panel inspection inside possibly an issue

16. which of you lads is close enough to have a gander for me?

17. I guess the rear subframe is smaller if a mono? Is that right or just different seat unit on one size subframe

18. About 25 away from here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information