1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

750ss Cylinder Barrel O-rings

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Irogerh, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Hi. Wonder if anyone can help. I am rebuilding my 1997 carb 750ss and am having a brain storm about the wether there are is an o-ring around the oil way at the base of the horizontal cylinder barrel. The manual is clear about the vertical cylinder where there is one but says nothing about the horizontal cylinder. I took pictures as I pulled it apart but missed this detail. Looking at the mating surfaces I think that there is no o ring but I don’t want to put it all back together and find I am wrong. Any advice greatly appreciated. Roger

2. Is 'O' ring Part number 463.2.019.6A ? If you have the correct works gasket set it should help confirm quantity. I know later engines had two (463.2.019.6A) on vertical cylinder barrel and only one on horizontal barrel but not sure of cut-off/year change. I think if you can see there is no recess for an 'O' ring present then that should be enough to convince you.

3. Can't say for sure that the 750 is the same but the 900 and 944 (ST2) don't have an 'O' ring on the horizontal cylinder, there is no groove for it to sit in either so fitting one will mean the cylinder doesn't seat down.

4. Year specifically, 750 is the same - I confirmed in parts manual..

5. Chris. Thanks for your help. Roger

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information