1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

750ss Ie Values

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by sam1176uk, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Hi folks
    Just wanted to get some opinions on the values of an immaculate 1999 750 Supersport ie, I’ve had mine advertised for a few months with very little interest whatsoever. It is in pristine condition with 12k miles, belts done, nice exhausts, single seat unit and lots of extras. I think it’s already priced well but I’m guessing it’s too pricey if it’s not selling. Are values really low? It’s a lovely bike and I’m not desperate to sell so should I just wait on the right buyer... I’d rather keep it than sell it for much less than I’ve advertised it for.
    Thanks

2. Bad time to sell

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It has been advertised on and off since July/August...

4. Mine is nicer than that one but I’m biased

5. Put it up on here

6. Yes I plan to join and advertise here soon.

7. Imo the 750 is not nearly as desireable as the 900. That hurts value. The ie is also not as nice as the Carby. I have a half faired 2002 900 SS ie Senna with less than 8000 kms on it and I think I would struggle to sell it at this time of year, even July /August is a tough time. The one above is a dark so isnt really that nice. I think between 2500 and 3000 for a really nice 750 would be about right but thats on the high side, as long as condition is really good. List Feb March and I think youll have better luck.

8. Thanks, it is a really good one and I had it up for 2695-2595 , I think you’re right and I’ll try again in March.

• Like Like x 1
  9. To be honest I think you are expecting too much for it, as said above it’s less desirable than the 900 and less desirable than the 750 carby, I turned a good one down at £1400 recently, not as nice as yours no doubt but realistically I would have thought you’d have to be around 2k maybe slightly less, at these prices it’s maybe better to keep and enjoy the bike, as always though you could get lucky and find someone that your bike ticks all the boxes for, GLWS.

10. Less than 2k for an immaculate low mileage Ducati seems a bit low, I don’t see many of those around or I’d probably buy them for myself . At the end of the day it’s worth what someone will pay for it I suppose, thanks for all the advice.

11. Colour plays a big part also,red gets the top money followed by Yellow then black, if its a dark (Black) 750S with single front disc then these are cheap as chips IMO and worth looking for, also as stated above the carb versions are seen as being more desirable and as such fetch more money, i've owned both 750 and 900 ie bikes and although i thought the 750 motor was sweeter, there's no replacement for displacement ...as they say.
    Keep it mate,you'll only miss it when the weather improves.

12. Yea it’s red with double front disks, it’s a lovely bike and if it’s only worth 2k then I’ll keep it for the summer

13. The one I was offered was black with a single disc that probably explains the low price then, Sam why don’t you put a picture up, it’ll hopefully generate some interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sam
    I’ve just bought an 02 750ss for £1,900 in vgc. I like the look of th3 bike except the seat, did you fit the single seat to your bike, I’d be interested to know the manufacturer?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information