1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

765 Moto2 Test?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by chizel, Oct 26, 2017.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. don't know any details of how much of a test this is. Sound pretty good.

3. Sounds epic :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. They do sound alright dont they.

5. Sounds fantastic !

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gearing is all wrong, bouncing off the limiter too often but fabulous sound. Thanks for posting the clip @chizel :upyeah:. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. going to be a nice change from the Honda... Not that I dislike the Honda, they are fast revving and loud as hell but triples like twins have more personality in my mind...
    good the see a British marque on the world stage also.
    just Hope they have the reliability of the current moto2 engine or it may not be a great sales pitch...

• Agree Agree x 2

8. This was my first thought when it was first announced?

9. I'm guessing and hoping they have done there homework and testing!
    still I don't think you could ever fully test enough to be sure the moto2 nut cases will not destroy the bloody thing first meeting!!!

10. This might be the same motor Alastair Sealey was testing this summer. Him, his team, and some factory guys were set up next to me at Silverstone in June doing development work, he was fast-as-fook on it. The chassis on his bike looked about as hand made as you could imagine.

Here he is trying my Franken9 build for size:

Alastair Sealey on F9.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  11. They'll never know either till race day, no substitute for the engine stresses of an actual race. All the testing in the world will struggle to replicate race day

12. that is kinda the beauty of it..
    but would hate to see a series dominated buy engine failure...
    can't see it tbh, the engine is out there and they have another year before they take over..
    still ...
    but change is good... I'm more of a moto 3 and gp fan. 2 is also great but with limited time I don't always catch it. Don't know why but I think it will hold a bit more interest with the triumph.

13. Be great to have a British bike doing the bizzo. Just suspect it will end with lots of retirements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thinkin about it, it's because gp is prototypes and the pinnacle especially in recent years. 3 is up and coming lunatic's and so close and hard fought. 2 is just a 600 series...albeit with fantastic talent and I love the way they back it in everywhere but it lacks a lil something ..

15. Be more interesting now Lowe's back though

16. Lot of expectation the thing will be crap then eh? Blimey.

Yeah I know Honda are the kings at reliable engineering but at least give em a chance and let's see how it goes.

I think it's great that a company like Triumph have been given the opportunity to have a go :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. My experience is tainted by personal impact and that being around race paddocks where half the trumpets are in bits

However, I still have this motor here, if I could only get a chassis ;)

18. the master at backing it in.. And crashing a lil bit. Did watch more when he was in it. The guy is a lil legend and has been treated badly I think...

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. I agree mate, am merely pointing out that races will prove the breed :upyeah:

20. I’ve had my head bitten off a number of times for questioning the reliability of triumphs motors by what I can only guess are triumph fan boys..
    It’s a genuine concern though surely!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information