1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

796/1100 Hangers

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Regenwulf, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Do 1100 footpeg hangers fit on a 796? I am interested in replacing my standard 796 hangers with the 1100 version because it looks like you can unbolt the pillion peg hangers - I'll like to be able to add them on the rare occasion I take a pillion, but otherwise run without them - they are a welded/single piece item on the 796.

Any idea?

2. Ive got an 1100 - i believe theyre the same....looking at a pic on google of a 796...

• Like Like x 1
  3. I thought so too - waiting for someone who might confirm or alternatively take some measurements (and then ask if anyone has any to sell or swap!).

4. Theres usually loads on ebay...impretty sure there the same - as i say ive got 1100 jobbies at home so i can take some measurements if you want....if you want a real world test i can send them over (mines in a million pieces at the moment) so its not going anywhere...

5. I can measure mine in a mo, what measurement do you need, hole pitch I assume, any thing else?

6. Yeah, distance between frame mounting holes I suppose at the very least. Subject to that, I might just take Comfy up on his offer, or bite the bullet and find an inexpensive set (or even just one side) on eBay.

Maybe some large detailed photos of each side would also help to determine whether there might be any other issues like master cylinder mounting, cable routing, gear level length etc. Are the bigger and smaller engines essentially the same but for internal bores and/or strokes?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but can @Regenwulf or someone else confirm that 1100 hangers fit a 796? I want to delete the pillion pegs and use heel guards.

8. I'm sorry - I've never gone ahaead with this so whilst I think they likely will fit I've never tested it.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information