1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7k Budget What Duc Next?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by RC1, Aug 2, 2018.

1. So I need a stablemate for the banana but one that can readily be used on track without me crying if I drop it but one that comes to me in factory standard condition with below 10k miles. I can then build it into the track weapon that my limited abilities can handle

I want to stick with mid size and don't mind something a bit vintage

So is the list:

2. 999 will be faster than the above.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. And handle a whole lot better, particularly in 'S' form!

4. ive already got a 848 evo corse se locked in the sights but id need to grab another 2k but its fully track prepped

5. slow is better for me

6. my banana is worth about that but id cry because its a bit special. the track slag should be less special (but then im drawn to special-ness...)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blank off one of the plugs!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. A certain well thought of school would argue a proper set up base Showa is better than the bling Ohlins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Why? Gives you the option to progress. Doesn't make it safer. Speed is up to you. I've seen lots of very slow riders on very fast bikes.

999 is predictable. Highly recommended.

10. 999 coils go on their own fairly regular anyway.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dunno, but I do know that my 'S' about outhandles anything else I have ridden in years. It is far better set up that my 'R' and feels like it would ride rings round it!

12. Your welcome to take my 999 out for a bit if you like, is nicely fetteled with a few choice upgrades. Good track/road tool.

13. maybe on road? Maybe R better on track and needs to be ridden harder? Not ridden either so just wind pissing.

14. Thread moved

15. Yeah it was on the road and nothing got close to it that day, including one of those GSXR 1000 K's or whatever they are.
    I have taken the R on track but I rode like a pussy. TBF I had only had it a month and I think it may be that I was scared of breaking it. My ego says that obviously though it hadn't been properly set up!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Don’t think you could say an 848 is not predictable ?

And lean angle is as good as anything else IMO - plus you can feel like your really giving it a hiding whilst learning - I loved mine

17. Not saying it isn't. Saying the 999 is.

• Like Like x 1
  18. What you need is to buy a well prepped low mileage 1098...……….no sorry I got confused, that's what I need you to buy. :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just buy an 1198.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information