1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

821 Sp Or Stock 950

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by willyduke, Sep 24, 2019.

1. In the market for a Hyper to go IOM next year as can't take the Panigale.

Ended up putting a deposit on a minty 2014 821SP with a few modifications (full terry wogan exhaust, evotech rad guards and tail tidy). Am I mad getting this instead of a stock 950 with slip on terry's for a few hundred more? o_O

I couldn't afford the 950 SP :oops:

Will

2. Not a Hypermotard man myself but looking at the specs, there are some significant and very positive differences with the 950. Don’t expect you’ll notice much difference in overall grunt because the output is in the same ball park, it’s just the 950 might be a little better mannered in its delivery. For “a couple of hundred pounds difference” you also get a 2 year warranty. 821SP comes in a much better colour scheme. If it were me, I’d get my arse to a dealer pretty quick and get a test ride on the 950. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes, £8750 for the SP and 9500 for the stock 950 with sports pack..
    I'll be getting 12 months Ducati warranty with the 821 at least.

4. Sports pack was only the deal in September. That’s what I was told anyway when I bought my new 950 a few days ago.
    I have to have took delivery of the bike by the end of September for the deal to count. Which I will by picking up this Saturday
    Cheers

5. Yeah I saw that offer mate - the sports pack was included in the deal of the stock 950. I would guess that the deal will carry on through the winter..

Have you ever ridden the 821??

6. Nope I just went and took out the 950 for a spin, fucking loved it then bought a new one. Went for the stock model as I don’t like the colour of the sp and I don’t like gold suspension and
    I don’t think the sp is worth the extra.
    I got the sports pack as part of my deal but that’s when he said it was for September only but he may have been fibbing to get me panicked in to getting me debit card out there and then. He need not bother as I was deffo buying one exhaust or no exhaust.
    The 950 is the bollox and the front wheel is allergic to the road lol

7. I have a 950 SP and having had a 939SP and a friend who has an 821, get the 950 and don't look back! The fueling, midrange and overall manners are much better. Did I mention the fueling? Yes, its 1000 times better, lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thing is, and this is what swung it for me with the 821 SP, If I went for the new 950, I can only afford the standard model and if an SP rolled up alongside at the lights, I'd have mega bike envy... : unamused:

Contrary to what Dildo says but meh :cool:

9. If that’s your thing then do it as there’s no point ever regretting something like a bike purchase.
    I personally didn’t like the sp looks and I don’t like onlins suspension as the gold is just tacky like a gypsies wedding ring lol

10. BikeWorld put a test on Youtube today for 950SP but most of it would apply to the standard 950. Sorry don't know how to add the link.

11. Beast of a bike....

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Yes, awesome video. Will trade the 821 in next year for one of these when they have the terry's as a free option ;)

13. Me too....
    My 821 SP is great but having watched that video it’s time to change!

14. Pick mine up on Saturday and am a
    Little excited for it

15. How many miles are you getting on one tank of gas ? In which mode ?

16. Dildo I pick mine up Saturday too.. post pics on here when you get it home :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Will do!!! Hope the weather is better. Did you get sp model ?

18. Ended up sticking with my original decision of the 2014 SP. I want a 950 SP but can't quite afford it yet and HATE running bikes in...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good choice. SP's handle so much better than the standard soft suspension.

20. Got back, rode 6 miles before it started raining so can't really comment but it looks great. One thing I did notice was, the gearing feels a bit shoddy - will definitely be tinkering with sprocket set up. Can someone just confirm the standard setup, is it 15T front and 45T rear?
    IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3384.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information