1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

821 Sprocket Configuration

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by willyduke, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Ok, so I want to have a play with the sprocket setup to make the gears longer. The red line comes up very quickly on these things which is great for darting around the city but on longer stretches, I'd like to draw out 1st, 2nd and 3rd a bit more.

From what I understand, stock is 15T front and 45T Rear.

Was thinking of upgrading the rear sprocket to say 42T. Anyone done this or similar before? If so what setup and which manufacturer etc

IMG_4241 2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Reducing the size of the rear sprocket will indeed make the gears “longer”.
    Somebody was selling a Renthal QR sprocket carrier the other day - this would make it easy to play with the gearing - you could get a couple of different sprockets and have a go.
    Not sure if you would need to shorten the chain - you might get away with it.

Have fun.

Edit - here’s the link
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/848-renthal-sprocket-carrier.74830/

3. Thanks for that, presuming this fits mine? I've sent him a pm.

4. I believe all 5 bolt ones are the same so fit 748/9*6 up to now.

5. I was led to believe that there are two different offsets across the range, I might be wrong.

6. I could be wrong too. OP would be best to check Renthal fitment info.

7. Can anyone who fitted a 14T make themselves known please? Curious to know how much of a difference it made and if was worth it.. TIA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information