1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 848/1198 Oem Silencers

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by The Hammer, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Do 848 standard OEM silencers fit an 1198, and vice versa?
    I appreciate the header sizes are different but are the cans with the welded link pipe the same?
    I have a 2010 1198 with slash cut carbon termi slip ons and they are LOUD.
    Just looking for an option for MOTs and trackdays, as my db killers just don't cut it.
    I tried searching but couldn't find the answer...

Thankyouplease.

2. This has been discussed before but my memory is currently on holiday. You might find the spring loops on the 848 end can are in the wrong place for the 1198 pipework. What db killers are you using ? I run a 70mm system on my 1098R and the Termignoni db killers that came with the system reduced the level from a hovering 105db to 101db, measured at Silverstone on a Ducati day. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm using the termi dB killers that came with the cans. I worry that using them will exaggerate the carbon sleeves deterioration. And they are still very loud. Probably need a repack but that's a job for Ron.
    Pretty sure spring lugs are in the same place but welding new ones on is simple enough.

4. I’ve just had an mot done with my slash cut termignoni fitted with db killers, past with an advisory for noisy exhaust, as for track days I’ve never had an issue, mine is under 100db, it’s fine for quite days at donnington park and passes static tests everywhere else I’ve been. Also if you have had a remap the oem cans could cause a problem so I’m told.

5. Update, I got a pair of cans from an 848 Evo for peanuts and they fit my 1198 perfectly, should I ever need them.
    Thanks to all that contributed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information