1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848 Evo Back From Italia Moto And Happy!

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Coffey, Jan 30, 2018.

1. 27BE4621-D3F5-4F78-B638-4AC01EBA4C14.jpeg
    C73C994C-4D40-495A-A17D-1CC5DAA4E43B.jpeg

Hey all, I have purchased a few bits and bobs from people on this forum over the last 6 months and finally got the bike back from Italia Moto today. It’s dry so managed a quick 30 miles just to give it a go. What a difference! In a nutshell I have had plenty of carbon goodies fitted but main things the ECU flashed by a forum member, 02 sensors removed, exhaust servo removed, dropped to a 14t sprocket, sprint air filter, the ohlins ttx rear and correct spring fitted. A different bike. Thanks all that supplied parts and advice, and Italia Moto for fantastic sevice :upyeah:

• Like Like x 14
  2. Looks great Coffey. Have you noticed much difference with the TTX shock yet, I appreciate you have only done 30 miles, so maybe not.
    Would be interested to know what rate spring you fitted and what your weight is fully kitted , for my own reference.

3. Really nice Coffey, is that a standard colour scheme? I didn't know they made a white one with red frame.

4. Hey, thanks mate, yes standard colour scheme, unsure if it is just the Evo in the pearl white with red frame or not, but it is the one that caught my eye. Few little tasty carbon/anodised mods and i’m happy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey mate, no idea yet to be honest. Only went steady and it has only been set up roughly, I intend to ride out somewhere in the spring to get the front and rear adjusted to suit my weight. I went for the 80 gauge spring in the TTX .... I am 11st without any kit etc ...... hopefully once setup should be a lot better, cant be any worse! o_O

6. I too went for an 80 in my TTX. I weigh just over 11 1/2 stone.
    The o.e.m Showa comes with 90 bit too stiff for us!

7. 848's were always way too hard from the factory. you can also fit a 1098 ride height adjuster which helps with set up. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Done :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great looking bike :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I think my fav upgrades on mine were the remap, the 14t sprocket and the Oberon clutch slave. I did however get rid of my bike mainly because of the suspension being so damn hard, I bought a standard 1098s Ohlins but it never made a difference, what I should have done is like you, spent the money on a shock set up for me and changed the springs in the front also. I am 14st and even I found my 848 Evo was to stiff at the rear, JHS couldn't get more than about 5mm static sag into the rear, it was ridiculous and I bought it from new like that.

11. What seat is that @Coffey, looks very swish?

12. Did the oberon slave make a difference? Thats about the only thing I havnt done, although not found any issues particularly with the clutch. For sure rides loads better with the remap and 14t sprocket. Looking forward to getting the sus. setup in the spring and giving it a proper go!

Zero Gravity seat, loads loads loads better than the oem seat. Didnt want to go DP seat as I believe it adds some height, and i’m only little. This one feels good though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Looks gorgeous pal. Can recommend Oberon clutch slave. It makes riding a whole lot less stressful on your left hand.
    Rich.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information