1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Evo W/ Termignoni Slip-on Kit

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Brian McUmber, Jul 17, 2019.

1. I've been nosing around trying to find an answer to this before I asked but I haven't been able to find anything.
    Here's my issue....
    I recently purchesed a New Old Stock Termignoni slip on kit for a 1198SP(part #96456711b) from a Ducati dealer through ebay. I have a 2011 848 EVO so the pipes fit fine but I can't run the race ECU that came with it. THe kit came with the Pipes/associated harware, the ECU, an air filter, and a bag with two plugs and washers plus two electrical plugs. Everything was new in OEM packaging but there were no instructions. I got the pipes on fine and they sound great but I still have several questions.

1) Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for this kit (part #96456711b)?
    if not:
    2) Where do the metal plugs go? Somewhere in the exhaust (remove O2 sensors)?
    3) Where do the electrical plugs go? Into the plugs from the removed O2 sensors?
    4) I have the cables and the JPDiag software so does anyone know where I could get a map to re-flash the ecu? Are there any other setting in the ECU that I should adjust. Taking the bike to a DYNO is not really an option in my area (nobody works on Ducatis) and I don't trust my local Ducati dealer.

As much as I like to destroy stuff I'm trying not to ruin the bike. I know they run lean with the Termignoni slash cut pipes and I'd rather not burn a valve.

2. Just seen you didn't get a response to this, so will try to help...

1) Haven't got a manual I'm afraid
    2) The O2 plugs would only be left in in place of the O2 Sensors if you have a map that turns them off. otherwise the ECU will go a bit crazy reading atmospheric O2 levels for the short time until they register as out of range and stop working.
    4) I would say a full system would run lean especially, even slip ons I agree will run lean. I have the Race map ECU for my Slip Ons and it really pops and bangs on over run, clearly the mixture gets richened up.

Your only option if you don't want to take it somewhere is to buy a power commander and install it at home with a map close to ideal. That's about all you can do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unless things have changed you need the Writer software from JP and he will provide a map for a fee.

I have an 848 termi map still ( I think ) but it’s not the evo one.

You can use the Guzzi writer for free if you have the map.

Alternatively maybe Chris can overwrite your 1198 ecu for a nominal fee ( If he still does this )

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the info. I guess I was putting the cart before the horse since I can't get my computer to connect to the bike. The cable tests fine and I checked for proper power at the plug but it still won't connect. I think it is more of a problem with my computers vs the bike or cable. I have one computer running vista and another running windows 10. ( I HATE WINDOWS)
    I didn't pull the O2 sensors since I wasn't able to write to the ECU and I knew it would cause problems. I tried a test ride with the DB killers out and it sounds great but yes it is clearly rich on the over run and is very "lumpy" in the mid-range.
    I put the db killers back in and I'll tinker with it some more this weekend.

5. I think I'm just going to sell the 1198 ecu and pic up an ECU off ebay that already has the map for termignoni slip on's. I really wish I could get my cable to work so I could just flash the stock one myself but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have an extra ecu. I had a Buell XB 12S that I datalogged and was able to change maps on, so I'm fairly comfortable doing it.

6. Have you asked Chris ?

Also have you checked the ports. When I did mine years ago I couldn’t get it to work at first but it was the port was wrong. I just tried them all that came up in the box.

7. I found an 848 EVO ecu with a map for the race slip on's so I think I am going to buy that and sell the one I have to offset the cost. That way if I want to return the bike to stock I just have to put the stock exhaust and ecu back on. As far as hooking up the jpdiag software, I tried changing the com ports with no luck so I'm going to try using a different laptop this weekend.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information