1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848 + Oval Termis + Trackdays..... Do I Need Baffles

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by andrewinuk, Mar 7, 2019.

1. I've bought myself some oval Termis to go on std 848 headers in the hope that this was the quietest set up with carbon end cans (add lightness!).

But will it be quiet enough for 102 or 105 DB trackdays?

I'm assuming i'll need baffles for 92/95 BD days, but want to dyno the bike for its most common config which i hope is baffle free!

Are there alternatives to the std baffles that will allow more airflow but reduce the noise?

Thoughts appreciated!

2. I have 70mm slash cut full system on my 1098R - this needs baffles for 102dB days.

When you say you are going to dyno it for its most common config - are you intending to get it mapped to suit the config or do you only want to know the output?

3. I had heard the slash cuts were louder so was steered towards the ovals as a result. And thinking that needing baffles to make 102 makes your bike loud :)

And all i'm after is smoothness of throttle response, not really bothered about output. I've also heard that running with baffles in kills the responsiveness/power, so if i can get away without baffles in an 848 with oval termis, then i'll go with that.

4. Power wise , I doubt you'll notice the difference baffs in or out.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information