1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848 Power

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by slinky848, Feb 17, 2017.

1. ive come from a 650cc er6f,

riding my 848 evo first time ever today.

the rear sprocket has a renthal 40T not sure what the front is yet.

not sure what standard sprokets are either to be fair.

but. i did try a bit of full throttle today more so in 2nd and 3rd gear. and to be fair it gets to high speed super fast its great. but i feel accelerating on my 650 kwaker felt more, aggressive acceleration. more g force, you knew you were full throttle i guess. whereas the 848 has very deal with able, non hooligan acceleration, i was expecting it to bite my ass under full throttle.

are the sprockets different from standard, if so are they going to be dropping off some of that acceleration to a very noticable point. am i just on a bike that is built to go fast, and being lent over mean i dont notice the acceleration as much?

any input here is appreciated!

exept exiges smart remarks, he can keep those [emoji12]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sorry to hear that the acceleration on your new 848 is disappointing.

Perhaps you could cure the disappointment by buying an 1198 upgrade?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Doesn't the 848 electronically limit acceleration in the first couple of gears. I know I was made to look a twat on mine when trying to drop the clutch at the lights and getting that stupid limit/shake thing. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I didn't know that!? I'm clearly not accelerating fast enough in 1st [emoji23]

5. im not talking about wheelies, im talking about actual acceleration. pull away power. wonder if anyone else made the change from tourer to sports and also had this or if its that sprocket, which im guessing is less a tooth or two.

6. i mean my 72BHP 650 felt faster in its power band than my 140BHP 848????

7. 848 is broken

Or

You're not riding it correctly

8. Sounds like there's something wrong !

9. forgive me, i thought pulling a throttle back completely wasnt able to be done wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. What revs are you changing up at?

I passed my test on an er6 and my first bike was an r6. The r6 raped the er6 in every way. er6 felt like a lawnmower.

11. its either, the sports position means i cant
    'feel the speed as much'

or,
    sports bike power delivery is extreamly smooth, not crazy, its there but you may not realise it

or lastly,
    if the rear sproket is missing a couple if teeth, that would extremely change the amount if available acceleration

12. but its runs great, and rides great, purely an acceleration thing

13. ill take more note of my revs, im revving it high enough, i hit the limiter once xD

but day 2 of riding ill see if i can figure it out, and see how hard it will br to see what front sprocket it has.

ive never had sprockets changed, im guess the guy before was a bit of a wimp and got its changed for top end to calm the bike down a bit but we will see

14. Stock 848 gearing was 15/39, so a 40t should make it feel (a little) faster.....

15. Have you looked at the speedo? My old 848 was certainly faster than it felt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. if its running standard exhaust make sure the flapper valve thingy in the exhaust isnt seized can restrict performance.

17. well thats just it, the speed itself is not what i class as my issue here, it gets up to speed at a very acceptable rate,

the only way i can judge it is by how it makes me feel when i full power, and how much my eyesight blurs under the accel [emoji5]

18. yes i had just noticed this, means i HAVE to see what front its got,

its like my er6f wanted the trow me off the back when i went for it 6krevs - 9k

and my 848 just speedo numbers go up and up but im calm, comfortable, and was expecting a bigger bike to frighten the life out of me

19. That's the clutch ;)

20. so with a changed clutch do i not have that limiter?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information