1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Streetfighter Pillion Pegs Removal

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by fight the streets fmd, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Anyone out there who removed his pillion pegs and has double termis , what brand hanger did you use, where did you buy it, and do you have pics please, thanks in advance, much appreciated

2. Done it on the 1098 which I believe is the same. I used the Evotech hanger and bought it from Steve @Conquest Carbon.
    Ducati Streetfighter Performance Parts

The exhaust hanger doesn't seem to be on his website now but he'll get one for you and with the forum discount it'll probably be cheaper than buying it from Evotech.

The pillion hangers are a bit of a pig to remove. There's a third allen bolt that's tucked up under the frame rails and if the 848 is the same as the 1098 getting it out is a twat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Snap. Had an evotech hanger on my 1098SF and removing the pillion pegs was a ball ache. Had I known I would have had my dealer do it tbh.

4. Thanks for that, as I was researching the issue, I did come across the evo tech hanger, but as you rightly say, conquest website doesn't show, but I asked for info, have you got any pics showing both sides?

5. Can you get at it with a ratchet Allen
    Can you get at it easier with a Allen ratchet socket as opposed to a normal Allen key, or not possible through lack of space?

6. Haven't got any pics of mine and the bikes not here at the moment but this is it:
    Exhaust Hangers | Ducati Streetfighter 848 | Evotech Performance

One side isn't too bad but the other is buried and you're hampered by the suspension linkage. I cut an allen key down both ends to get a turn on it. Be careful if you push the wiring loom aside to make room that you don't leave it where it'll get chafed by the rear shock rocker arm. That happened to mine somehow - may have been removing this bolt, may have been during something else, its had a bit of work done. But the consequences are going to cost.

7. As above, Evotech hangar, here's mine.

Removing the original foot rest hangars was a pain due to only being able to get about 1/16 of a turn at a time on each bolt iirc. :mad:

IMG_4692.JPG

8. Thanks guys, looks very good without all that scrap, but looking forward to do this job LOL( not not not) sounds good 1/16 of a turn. As you said, currently not showing on conquests website, so send Steve a pm

Do Not Sell My Personal Information