1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Suspensio Adjustment

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Bonkers the Dog, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Any advice? I have just bought her and the ride seems exceptionally hard. I don't know what th previous owners have done to the setup and I don't have the experience of these things or what the factory settings should be but I can't imagine they are this hard.

The funny thing is I wouldn't mind but the road round here suck big dogs wanger! It never bothered me on the KTM ADV as it has fantastic suspension and floats along nicely but the 848 is a bone shaker.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm not a suspension Guru and tend to leave well alone.

Cheers in advance

BTD

2. When I bought my 848 EC SE back in 2012 I thought it was the firmest ride (read “rock hard”) I’d ever had on a sports bike.

You get used to it :)

3. Really? I already have a dodgy back, I don't want to make it worse! Perhaps a nice padded seat will alleviate it. One of the big bumps I hit at speed nearly caused me to bite ma bloody tongue. Ayrshire road, I've seen better in Africa and that's not a joke.

4. Set everything to what the manual says and see how far those settings are from what you've got, just to know. If you've not got the knack of suspension settings at all, best to seek professional advice...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information