1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848evo Seat Fixings

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by TheAlfa1, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Hi all,
    Can anyone direct me to a website or even a part number for the seat fixings?

I need the screws and C clip things as both are fubar on mine

2. Pretty sure I have spares mate, I'll check this afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers mate

4. Jesus, shows you how bad my short term memory is, that was Friday and I still haven't looked! Sorry mate, will have a look first thing and let you know.

5. I found 2 brand new c clips and two rusty bolts, that might benefit from a night in a cup of coke. How are yours, actually damaged rather than cosmetically impaired (like mine)?

• Like Like x 1
  6. There in a bad way, both cross threaded badly. Think the bolts may be salvigable.
    Cheers

7. PM me your address mate and i'll get them in the post.

Funnily enough while in London today i thought i would check mine as every few months they work loose, i presume from vibration, and today was that day, both were hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

8. There a terrible design I have the same issue.
    Okay will do. Thanks alot

9. Just had a nose at mine after reading this and i'm missing one!!

any idea where you'd order a replacement? ha ha

10. I'm having no luck finding them. Guess the other option is to order some m8 speed fasteners. My guess is they will do the job

11. yeah good plan - i'm thinking of ordering a full bolt set tbh, half the fairing ones are looking a little worse for wear.... couple getting a bit rusted. seen some cheap kits on ebay!

12. Dont buy Alu fairing screws. I find they round the allen hole quickly. The only decent ones I find are the oem steel ones.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I took my seat off yesterday and one was loose. Loctite next time?

14. Don't suppose you have a web site or link for the oem screw do you?
    My last resort is to phone the dealer but that will be costly

15. What's wrong with button head stainless and a washer?

16. I use the parts catalogue for my 1198 which if you search on here you will find. Probably. Im at work atm otherwise id post it. I can do this when i get back home.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information