1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

851 888 Air Scoop 'trumpets'

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by witchellski, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Okay, possibly not actually called trumpets, but various searches have not thrown much up online...

I'm building a project and I would really appreciate it if one of you 851 / 888 owners would post up a picture of the air scoop 'mouths' with some dimensions. The closest I could find was this picture:

Air scoops.jpg

These are carbon, which would be an upgrade rather than standard. I'm actually looking at modifying the air flow routing on my bike, but because it uses the 851 top fairing the startpoint of the routing will be the same as original.

Hopefully that makes sense.

in an ideal world, someone would have one lying around I could borrow, because I could then reverse engineer it in CAD and send it back! Dimensions are a next best option...

Not holding my breath here, but worth a post.

W

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have been making the rubber connectors for these, but happy to get you a load of pictures and dimensions for you to do the same as I do in reverse engineering in CAD.

Here are a selection of my connectors Front for the "trumpets" (bottom Right), Rear airbox connectors for early bikes up to 1993 bottom left and the 1994 bikes (Left and Right top).

FB84BF31-127F-431E-A640-F67C1806ADAF.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks, those look great. It sounds like you know the bikes intimately, so would it be an idea for me to sketch up what i think would work with my bike build (it's based on an ST2 with aftermarket faring, rather than an original 851) and give you a list of dims?

• Like Like x 1
  4. She has to come apart cosmetically as I have some Foggy NW200 tribute fairings to put on once they are finished, so let me know what you would like details on. IMG_2920.jpeg Foggy2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Will do... Big fan of your work by the way. i have poured over the thread and rebuild site you created. Lovely machine and excellent resto!

W

• Like Like x 2
  6. I have an OEM (plastic) pair of intakes you can borrow - let me know your address if you want to measure them up. Cheers Kev.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That would be excellent... I'll DM you to arrange. Really appreciate the offer.

8. Kev - While you have your beauty apart, I think I need an extended loan of you SP4 engine, just to do some comparisons..... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's actually all quite sad - a garage full of non-moving bit's and bobs, even the push-bikes have't moved for a while... pretty sure when I do eventually get to go out they'll struggle to shift me! :joy:

10. That's why I went with a number 4 , also his donington bike web. Great idea replica fairings, mmmmm. Off to look at old race images

Do Not Sell My Personal Information