1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

851/888 Front Paddock Stand Advice

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Bridgland, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Anyone got any recommendations on front paddock stands for the 888? I am looking at either the one that cradles the bottom of the forks, or goes into the holes at the bottom of the forks. I have an Abba Skylift, but it can be a bit of a faff to get it installed, so looking for quick options, especially as I am planning to take it to Donington Park for the track day in August. Anything else you would consider?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I have both but my preference is the red one in your picture. Just feel it provides a more secure base. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Andy. I also felt that was better too, as the rubber padding should protect the bottoms of the forks too.

4. I have the red one for the 748, it doesn't give me a lot of confidence when it's up and the frame sides protrude high enough to slightly foul the axle removal, there are many different makes so I hope you find one that suits.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks Birdie. the main thing is that I just want to take the weight off the tyre when the bike is sitting for a while. I will see how/if the stand fouls the axle.

6. If its just to lift and not for any wheel removal etc, just use a normal rear paddock stand and slide some round bar through
    the hollow front axle (or a couple of decent size screwdrivers).

7. Won't work unfortunately. Old school Ducati with solid front axle pin.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information