1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

851sp3 Which Samco Coolant Hose Kit?

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Jakepeewee, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Hi gents,

I am not really sure what kit to order for my SP3.
    There is this kit: Ducati 851 88-91 / 888 1992 6 Piece Samco Coolant hose kit

I am inclined to believe this might be the right kit (6 pieces).

But then there's also this kit: DUC-7 fit Ducati 888 1992 Samco Silicon Rad Hoses
    That's a 7 piece kit. Would the difference be caused by the bend radiator (7) versus the straight one (6)?

Just want to make sure I order the right one.

TIA,
    Jacco

2. Call them up, Steve Hilary from Redmax had them make me a set for mine in black

3. Thanks for the link. I am really after a claccic black version though.

4. I had the Samco ones made in Classic Black. Mine is a later 888 Strada, but here is the look on the bike after I restored her.
    IMG_2410.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. I ordered the classic black ones (@moorespeedracing.co.uk), and I am glad I did, they look great on your bike! Thanks for sharing.

6. Hope I'm not too late with this info' but the SP3 uses different hoses than those pic' by Bridgeland.
    Prior to '92 the 851/888's had a different take off from the top of the water pump with a hose exiting vertically.
    The top hose was known as the "Octopus" hose.

Steve R

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Steve,
    I believe I ordered the correct ones, prior to '92. Thanks for the warning though, appreciated!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information