1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

888 Getting Close To Completion

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Bridgland, Aug 10, 2019.

1. After 2 years of hobby work, my 888 Strada is almost back. I have loads of photos on the User Albums as well as my Web Site that I am updating with photos as and when I get time to update that too. Outsourced the engine rebuild (but organised the Cerakote for the engine myself), paint is happening as we speak and loads of TLC, including doing my own zinc plating on all of the original bolts and parts that need it. Trying to get close to concours, but concourse in the style I got the 888 in originally.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/galle...s-now-with-frame-on-and-building-back-up.947/

https://www.ducati888.co.uk

I hope to have her ready in a few weeks, so I can ride her down to the Goodwood Revival. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Can't see the pics mate :(

3. nice, I like your calm methodical approach to it all. Thanks for the plating advice.

4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  5. What a superb job!:)

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. It's amazing what a person can achieve in the Bat Cave:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for that. Been enjoying the process immensely.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Got Wifi, power, Music/Radio and I am "in the garden" when my wife is there too (not that she shares in my love of bikes).

• Like Like x 2
  9. That looks fantastic, I wouldn't park it at the Revival , if it's dry it will be absolutely covered in dust if wet you'll be crossing a muddy slippery field. Maybe you've been before in which case I will keep my nose out. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I need to do a replating at some point. Nice job!

11. Fair point and need to see if The weather is any good first. I have an option of being parked up with the drivers’ campers, which is normally less dusty.

12. Caswell kits are a good option. Just get everything as clean as you can and bring the amps up to around 1amp to start with and see how the plating responds and increase in small amounts from there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 84743154-4822-4072-BF5B-F0D75EBD5B3D.jpeg 43CE7D66-0935-4752-894E-E620863EAD39.jpeg 71AE84AC-3757-4369-8FDE-39B932E046F5.jpeg After 2 years she has finally made daylight. Heading down to Pro Twins to bring her back to life again.

Obligatory bin in last photo for @Davebird

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. She is there already.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Hey you i'll try monday/tuesday to view this work of art.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. @Bridgland
    popped in & said hello today at PT and what a amazing looking motorcycle, congratulations on all your efforts you must be very proud:upyeah:
    .........and by the way they have Carl Fogarty's old race bike there so check it out!

#18 XH558, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Sorry - Missed this message entirely. They left my bike next to the Carl Fogarty race bike - Very Nice!

She is ready, but at the wrong time of year. Got some final fettling to do as I am looking to get the single seat unit done and modify the spare rear frame I have to accept it with a reproduction rear seat pad I have printed (needs trimming). Also going to reprint the low level tool tray so I can use the space under the single seat properly.

IMG_2664.jpeg IMG_2651.jpeg IMG_2652.jpeg IMG_2665.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Let's hope the next five odd months disappear quickly for your shakedown test.
    P.s they've a couple of 888SP4/SP5 upstairs.:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information