1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Back From Service With Problems

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Gabagool, Aug 4, 2021.

1. hello all
    been unable to ride this year due to a shoulder surgery. So i thought id book the bike in for a service a couple weeks back at a Ducati Dealer. Great service with pickup and drop off etc.

However, i have been in a sling so unable to get the bike out to even start it. YEsterday was first day out the sling so today decided to try get it out to start it.

First thing i notice the rear mudguard is covered with scratches and rub marks. Very annoying. However, i then go to start the bike and it is running really bad - seems like it was missing a cylinder... i the notice the engine managament light on, the abs light on and the is a ! sign in a triangle just above the 'sport' mode.

Has anyone had this before? I cant really understand the manual as it doesnt really tell me anything...

cheers

2. Take it back to them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rub marks from tie downs? Demand a new hugger.
    Call dealer re other items and shout at them (a lot).
    I bet I can guess the dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'd call them and ask for the manager. Once he/she are on the phone I would explain the faults and damage, and ask them at what time are they coming to collect the bike and resolve everything to 150% level.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. please have a guess :)

6. ok thanks for this i have called this morning. i will let you guys know the outcome. i never complain about any services i have for anything. But my bike is prestine so this kind peed me off

• Like Like x 2
  7. A bit north west of your location

8. I’ve seen first hand how some bikes are treated at main dealers! I’m not saying the same for all. But it’s totally disrespectful! a total lack of care. My local Honda main Stealer has an appalling record for damaging bikes whilst being worked on. I’ve personally had to refit a fairing that was removed and ill fitted, wrong screws in the wrong locations, damaged fittings and brackets, broken lugs etc…… some people just don’t give a shit! Most of the younger generation are just fitters now, not bike technicians. Using wrong tools and generally not having any engineering or mechanical background. If something gets damaged in any way shape or form it should be replaced like for like! Including labour costs! ….. Take it straight back and demand it’s worked on and fixed by a proper technician that’s qualified and actually has some responsibility of care. …… :mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. around Oxfordshire way...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thats just totally unacceptable. i get the feeling that it happens way too often.

so a quick update, i advised when i was phoned about the service was completed that they had a issue with the exhaust valve sensor - no biggy last year was the same at another dealer and they said it was fine. However, after calling today again to chase up what was going on, they said that the issue with the engine light could be that... well its never happened before and always been fine, so that got me miffed to say the least.
    they have agreed to pick the bike up and calling me again to arrange.

Shall keep you all updated.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gone to ratshit since they were sold. All good people left including the senior Ducati tech who was excellent.
    Look south from now on, somewhere like Winchester.

12. cheers buddy will do!

13. bike being picked up today. said 'if they need parts they will let me know'. definitely wont be paying for that or an inspection.

14. Didnt someone from there set up their own independent servicing business around the dealership in question?

15. Not as far as I know.

16. So bike has been seen. Needs a exhaust valve eliminator and a couple of front map sensors I think they said? They’ve agreed to replace the mud guard for free and help me out on the pricing for the eliminator and the sensors…. But not willing to do it for free…

17. Seems fair enough to me as long as they're collecting it and dropping it back FOC too.

18. Without scratches this time ofc

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I have a spare exhaust valve eliminator blanking plug if you need one. This is odd in my view though. This only happens (from what I know at least) when the exhaust is changed for aftermarket, someone unplugs the exhaust valve (like I did) or its faulty. If the first two, unless you did it, that error would have been there since day one. If faulty (really?) It's 40 quid for a brand spanking one. Let me know if you need one. I'll sell you mine if it's the same part number for half the price.

20. Hi mate cheers for this. It’s funny you say this, it’s a standard exhaust. However last year Another Ducati dealer serviced it and noticed that there was a broken sensor in the exhaust, but this did not flag up any lights on the dash. I do have the part number they will use it’s: 552417518. I will let you know what’s going on and if I need it off you mate so thanks for letting me know.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information