1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 - Bol#@cks

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Sambighair, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While moving the 749s in the garage it slipped off the paddock stand and fell onto my 899, cracked the left upper fairing, bloody gutted!
    Anyone got a spare in white cluttering up their garage by any chance?
    Although i refrained from launching whatever was to hand across the street i came to a decision ive been pondering for a few years......i need more space,a double garage it is!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Thread moved

3. I have a double garage, you can fit more bikes in - but they can fall over like dominoes - nearly had a GSX-R750RR, my Land Speed Record Hayabusa, my 998 Duc and RSV Factory on top of each other once - luckily got away with little damage to any :worried: I had propped the GSX-R up against my fixed racking with tie wraps ready for a magazine shoot - a week later while I was in the garage the tie wraps went ping :eek:

4. Note to self....dont use tie wraps to hold bike up! Got it! Hahaha
    It happened in slo mo, i cant believe i was so daft, ah well, you live and learn i guess!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Luckily i have the oem stand coming for the 749 thanks to a very helpful @Carbon749, so it should be a bit safer....just need something to make me less of a numpty lol

6. Bad times fella, the proper stand will hold it better. Easily done though... :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheers ian, having slept on it, although annoyng i realised no one was hurt and nothing irreplaceable has been damaged, im now on the hunt for some fairings! Cest la vie.

8. Insurance will probably ask that you declare that as an accident so they can up your premiums :joy:

I've lost count of the amount of times my uncle has done it. I did it the once. Was really slow and I chucked myself between the bike and the garage wall. Was a bit sore but no damage :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Worse things have happened. You've got the right attitude, nothing permanently broken and nobody died.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I moved house a few years ago and the lady selling it couldn't understand why I spent more time looking at the empty double garage (well it had a barbeque in it) than I did looking around the house. :) One downside is that you always want more bikes to fill the larger space. :grinning:

I was moving my 1098R around the garage last year with the sidestand down. I must have knocked the sidestand slightly past the vertical point and not noticed. As I leave the bike and walked away from it, I hear a noise, looked round and saw the bike rolling forward ready to fall over in slow motion. :sweat: Luckily I had my bike lift up in the garage and the bike leaned over to the left and rested against the lift before it had a chance to fall. Damage...., an inch long scratch on the LHS of the fuel tank which I repaired a while later. I always move bikes with the stand up now and put them down when finished. That could have been an expensive day. :sob:

#11 Robarano, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. As it turns out a new panel is just over 200 pounds, my excess is 250 so the insurance guys will have to wait for now!

12. I was quoted the wrong price, actually its over 400 so im on tbe hunt again!

13. Had a quick scope on eBay for you But nothing.

Saved search with new listing notifications on so will keep you posted if anything pops up.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice one paul! Ive done the same. Im happy that its still rideable so ill text ya if im out!

15. Streetfighter it? Straight bars and a predator helmet?

16. I got one off here for 80 quid. Be patient and one will show up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sound, want to get out at least once over the weekend weather depending lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's what im hoping!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information