1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Panigale Probolt Kit.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bo01691, May 5, 2020.

1. Evening all.

I bought a Probolt fairing kit FDU260
    For my bike and what I’m guessing is the front mudguard bolts don’t fit. The Allen heads are too big to fit in the mudguard recess and the thread length is a little short. Has anyone else had this issue? Or am I doing something wrong before I give Probolt a call?

63B3569E-D422-478A-990F-6E327886D2EA.jpeg

2. For clarity, the bolts on the right are new and old fairing bolts. The left are what I think are for the mudguard. The thread pitch is more coarse on these bolts than the fairing bolts.

3. I bought loads of stuff from pro-bolt when refurbing my 748 last year. Part of the order took 10 weeks to arrive, part was the wrong pitch on the bolts, there’s 1.25mm and 1.0mm pitch threads, this seems to be part of your problem, and some packs were just plain wrong despite having ordered what’s supposed to be the correct one from their website. I had to return stuff before they’d replace even when the error was theirs. I’m very reticent to use them again, just my view based on my experience.

I’d get in to them straight away and get the stuff replaced if I were you.

4. Thanks for the info. I must admit that the kit looks thrown together (as do most that are advertised) rather than grouped specifically for each area. And there’s also lots of useless plastics spacers.

5. Are they plastic spacers or washers? If the latter, they’re to stop the bolt heads from scratching the fairing.

6. Clearly the wrong bolts mate. Get on the phone.

7. The plastic spacers, the washers are ok.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information