1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Panigale Question...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Arron1984, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Afternoon ladies and gents,

thinking of putting the 899 up for sale as im looking to buy a house, so need to clear some funds :(

Been looking about to gauge prices but they vary alot, what would an 899 panigale be worth in your eyes with the following mods and 8550 miles on a 14 plate?

Front and rear evotech axle sliders
    Carbon front and rear mudgaurd
    Carbon rear chain gaurd
    Carbon rear shock gaurd
    Progrip 717 Grips
    Phillips silvervision headlight bulds(Gets rid of the yellow to blend in with the DRL's)
    Throttle spacer mod(to take up slack in DBW)
    Rizoma CNC front brake and clutch resevoirs
    1199 Magnesium engine casing
    Ducabike clear clutch cover
    Ducabike black clutch retaining springs
    Puig dark tall race screen
    Ducati performance Keyless petrol cap
    Ducati Performance Comfort seat
    Ducati performance bar ends
    Ducati Performance tank pad
    K&n Air filter (Recently recharged)
    Woolwhich racing licence (Bike is remapped by ian murray in scotland)
    Solo seat pod
    Stem mount for sat nav (Has usb power aswell)
    Trickle Charger leads installed
    BIKESPORT DEVELOPMENTS BLIPBOX PRO (Programmable quick shifter and auto blipper)
    Oberon Performance Clutch slave cylinder
    ASV Clutch and Front brake levers
    Termignoni Slip-on Exhaust (Exhaust valve delete and servo eliminator installed)
    intergatred rear tail light (Indicators are part of the tail light)
    R&G Tail tidy
    R&G Rear Bobbins
    R&g Upper and lower radiator grills
    Bike is datatagged with relevant paperwork for the new owner

Just looking to get an idea, seen a few basically standard bikes going for 8/9k

Any input would be much appreciated

2. I’d be looking between 10 to 10.5
    All depends what someone is prepared to pay and what you are prepared to take. I just sold mine with a huge spec. I priced it to sell and it did, I needed a quick sale so was happy with what I got.
    I sold to a dealer and I think the bike moved on pretty quick

3. i was thinking about going down the dealer route,i suppose it cant harm me getting some offers from them.

i think ill put it up for about 10.5 and see what interest i get. Shame to see it go mind, everyone loves it and it constantly draws a crowd (Not sure if thats good mind, DONT TOUCH IT PLEASE!)

[​IMG]

4. Would it sell easier if it was stripped of all the bling?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah probably, just be a shame as its a bike with most of the mods people do anyway (also dont have the original engine casing ha)

6. Mine was the same. I was going to take all the trick bits off but was offered a good price with all the bits on, I needed a quick sale so was happy with the end result. Always difficult parting with something you are attached to but it’s what you feel happy to let it go at. 10.5 seems reasonable to me, if someone knows what they are looking at they’ll see it’s a good deal

7. I have one in the shed.... It’s a big job swapping back though

8. In my view it could have been sprayed with contact adhesive and ridden through the Ducati performance catalogue and it’s still not worth more than a standard bike. It’s like when you put a New kitchen or bathroom in your house you will never recover the cost you spent.

In my opinion I’d strip it back, sell it as standard and sell the bits off. That way you might just get close to what you want.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I don’t disagree, but the cost involved in reverse engineering certain parts for the resale of used components may not be worthwhile, clutch casing removal is a ball ache and all you’ll gain is the resale value of a used magnesium casing at probably a third of retail value while paying 3+ hours labor to remove the part. I would have had to remove cans, engine casings, shock, headlight surround, swing arm... £££ in labor costs, I was offered enough to not go through the hassle..

10. I'd always rather buy a cheaper bike and put the bits on myself. Makes it more "mine". And I like getting bling through the post.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. i can see where you guys are coming from, but buying the bike standard and then putting these bits on is a fortune, termi's are like £700 second hand? blipbox £500 second hand? ive got the receipt for the engine casing and ducabike clutch cover probablyu close to £800.

Like i say if someone came with 10 or there abouts id be happy, not looking to gain all the money back as i know with mods its all about what someone will pay not what they are worth

• Like Like x 2
  12. Why would a 4 year old bike, that was 15k or so at new, be worth more than a 3 year old Multi S that was 17k?

8-9k would be realistic and get a seller without waiting ages IMHO. Then may be worth stripping the bolt on bits and selling separately (although they may make your bike stand out against others to get the bike sold)

13. I agree, I really enjoyed tuning mine but some folk like buying pre modded.

14. I'd put a proper sale advert up with loads and loads of clear pictures, service information etc

Sounds like a good bike but for top 899 money people, me included, tend to like to see everything close up and without filters.

Sounds like it should sell though bud

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeah once the weather clears up ill get it out and get some pictures taken, gives me a chance to actually use the p20 pro's camera

16. Got to agree with Bradders. you can get a 959 for less than 10 now. If you take the blip box off I might be interested in it [the box; not the bike...]

Bob

17. Cancel my last. I don't think the 899 blipbox fits the 959... Sorry.

18. I traded my 2014 899 with 4K miles into my local dealer for £8500. I took all the good bits off and sold for £1800.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Then leave that if it is too much of a pain. I’d almost certainly swap everything you could though. You never realize as much on a modded bike than if you put it to standard, sell the standard bike, and sell the mods separately. Also, a dealer will generally be more interested in a standard bike, so that opens up selling it to a trader for less hassle.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information