1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Panigale Tps

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sam Chesterton, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help here/experienced something similar.

I have a 2014 899 Panigale, covered 3300 miles.

Recently, I've been out and the ECU engine management light has come on my dash, which has deprived it of power. Turned it off, on again and momentarily clears the problem. Arrived home to be sitting on my drive in neutral with the bike idling at around 6k rpm.

Took it into my local bike garage where they plugged it into their diagnostic machine - fault code: "vertical cylinder throttle sensor - implausible signal". They cleared the fault code and reset the ECU which cured the problem for about a month, until the problem has returned.

Any information/advice greatly appreciated.

Sam.

2. Hi Sam,

did you solve the issue in the meantime ? I also have the same error occurence on my 899 Panigale. I replaced the throttle bodies as well as the ride-by-wire. Currently it is at the ducati dealer for fixing it.

Jens

3. There is a large electrical connector on the underside of air box, right hand side. It’s a MIL type, twist to lock type. They are notoriously tight to do up correctly, and if not clicked in place, can come undone. This can give rise to throttle related errors. Usually rear TPS and throttle motor. Well worth a check

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. You mean this 19 pin twist connector ?!
    I loosened it and cleaned the pins with contact spray. I still have the same error.
    But I must admit at the same time I replaced the throttle bodies and also replaced this injection wiring harness.
    I then had difficulties remounting it.
    I will try once again. Thank you for this valuable help.

20190927_210440.jpg

5. Have you tried the Map sensor?

6. What do you mean with map sensor ?

7. The sensor on the side or the cylinder head

it measures pressure it has a black rubber hose attached to it. They are common for failing and throwing such faults codes

8. Can you tell me the part number or show me a picture ?

9. I don’t have it to hand. Look at your bike. On the near side.
    Look at the two heads and you’ll see what I mean.

10. You probably mean this part, right ?
    You mean just replacing this pressure sensor could be a good try ?

20191028_121138.jpg

11. No that’s the coil. And on the wrong side of the bike.
    The other side.

12. Btw my error code ...

20190924_110143.jpg

13. If you’ve already changed those parts. Check that

• Like Like x 1
  14. Do you mean this?
    There's two, one per cylinder.
    upload_2019-10-28_12-5-55.png

• Like Like x 1

15. Yes exactly that. If it’s on cylinder v change that. Or get it plugged into proper dealer tool

16. One per cylinder - Cost a lot from Ducati. Maybe try swapping V for H first.

17. I could be wrong but its worth checking

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information