1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Track Bike

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by carson, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Hi guys, just put a deposit down on a 899 ex trioptions bike for the track and was wondering if any of you run a 899 track bike and how it compares to the 1299?

I've been running a 2008 R1 on track for 3 years and I've never really 100% gelled with it. I bought the 1299S last year and after a while getting used to it, I love it. Was just wondering how the 899 compares with the 1299 and what you lot generally think of the 899 as a track bike.

2. 899 is prettier than the 1299.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Slower, easier to ride hard, more fun. Hear the race series has a few engine reliability issues, but that’s the 959 more than 899.

Enjoy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. think alot of the 899 racers changed the rods as they were a weak point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. This bike has Carillo rods fitted

• Like Like x 3
  6. That's pretty much what I'm looking for to be fair.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 899’s are great track bikes. I was actually faster on my 899 than my 1299 because it’s easier to ride fast. The 1299 takes a rather large bag of talent as well as equally large testicles.

If you’ve got Carrillo rods you’re laughing, that was the main issue with the 899’s on track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. All sounds positive to me. Can wait for a go now

9. Jumped off my 1299S last year at Brno straight onto an ex-Tri options 899, and other than power it was pretty much the same in terms of handling.

It took a while to get used to having to pull the clutch in for the downshifts (amazing how soon you get used to clutchless up/down on the 1299) and the brakes weren't that hot on the 899 in comparison, but that could have been pads/fluid.

10. I know someone selling a very nice example if anyone is looking :)

11. Id love to build a trick track 899.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. What would you say would be a good track spec 899?

13. Sigma slipper, 30mm cartridge kit up front, TTX rear, lighter wheels. Probably what @simmytt had

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Decent shock, decent fork internals, remove abs, new rods and blue print the engine , light weight wheels jobs a good un. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. a Tri options bike that has not been raped of all its goodies will make a mighty fine track bike,the only things lacking due to the rules are lightweight wheels,899/959 wheels are stupid heavy,auto blip if that floats your boat.pic whore of the best bike i have owned and i am quicker on track on the 899 than i am with my current 1299.
    IMG_8508.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. How does this spec sound? Would you recommend anything else apart from blipper and lighter wheels?

180 miles on a new engine
    Termignoni exhausts
    Ohlins suspension front and back
    HEL Braided brake hoses
    Lightech rear sets
    Corrilo con rods
    Engine and clutch covers
    Brembo brakes
    Brembo brake discs
    Quick shifter
    Sigma slipper clutch
    Adjustable clutch lever
    Renthal Clip ons
    Steering damper
    Brake lever protector
    Race Screen
    Quick action throttle
    Rain light

• Like Like x 1
  17. add the wheels and you're all the way there :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. You may have trouble with the termi on track...

19. Sounds good but as mentioned panigales struggle with noise limits.

20. Custom baffles may be needed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information