1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Vs Hypermotard 821sp...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Sammy_d, May 22, 2017.

1. I'm after some helpful opinions from people who own a hypermotard.

I'm toying with selling my panigale 899 I love the bike it's beautiful goes stops and handles superior to anything I've owned, the issue is I had a bad back injury from work 6 months ago and it's been getting worse after prolonged rides.

What's the hypermotard like in comparison, speed handling fun factor??

2. I can't compare it to the panigale, BUT I have owned a heavily modified 848 and now own. 939SP

I can honestly say if I had to buy again the hyper would win hands down, after some initial awkwardness due to me only being 5'9" with a short inside leg, The hyper now feels perfect for me. The added bonus is now that my lower back pain is now 2/10 rather than full on 10/10, but you'd really have to have a long ride and decide for yourself

3. The 939sp would be ideal but it's finding one local to test ride, nearest dealers seastar in Norwich. Cheers for reply, I'm going to go for a ride Wednesday and if it's still the same and I can't endure it I'm going to have to change. Riding style wise do you have any issues keeping with bigger stuff through the teusties or the higher bars makes it easier? I used to own a 525exc ktm super Moto and if the hyper handles anything like that it will be perfect

4. I bought mine from seastar and they are having a bit of an event this weekend. Might be worth a look. Call first if you want a test flight though

5. Never owned a Panigale, but test ridden a couple.

For fun on today's busy and pot holed roads, I think the Hyper is hard to beat.

6. I've had a couple sessions of physio and I'm gonna stick with the 899 this year!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information