1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900 F1 Replica

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by ColinL, Apr 26, 2020.

1. [

Project completed. 900ss + some 851 and 748 DNA.

upload_2020-4-26_8-48-13.jpeg

#1 ColinL, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 28
  2. That looks cool mate , well done :upyeah:

3. Nice.
    Can we have more details of what you did please.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Lovely. Tell us more. Oh, and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome dude !

6. Welcome Col :):upyeah:

7. Nice :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Welcome to the Forum Colin:upyeah: and please do give us more detail and lots more pics

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. To start with, I bought this off a lovely guy who had gone down the road of making a keeper bike in the image of a factory F1. As we all know, keeping going is really hard so thanks to ‘Jared’ I picked up this project part way through. Looking like this .....
    (The front fairing air intakes is my work and I’d started mocking up the graphics)
    upload_2020-4-26_19-54-19.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Oh, and I had the seat made up by ‘Saddlecraft’ from South Shields Sunderland. Great people and top crafts people.

11. That's certainly not a conformist ride.:upyeah:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Is that a Bianchi Celeste Blue in the background I see?

13. Yes, we’ll spotted. A Bianchi sat on a Cateye Cyclosimulator turbo trainer. Beside it is a Concept 2 rowing machine. Good news is with the lockdown the missy’s has moved the gym kit back to the house because the Gym’s are closed. That’s a result so more garage space.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bit more on the bike.
    Started off as a 1991 900ss.
    Chassis modified to F1 spec. Rear subframe removed and replaced with a new one, 851 swing arm fitted with a Factory 888 shock.

• Like Like x 1
  15. hello and welcome dude. @Robarano has a similar looking garage...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. excellent. Think you are going to fit in just fine here :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 5 spoke Marcheshi wheels front and rear, powder coated red.
    The bigger front wheel/tyre required the mudguard to be lifted 10mm. I also changed the standard crossover brake lines to two individual HEL lines. The standard ones will always foul the mudguard and take of the new paint eventually. Worth doing to tidy up the front end.

18. Engine stripped and rebuilt. Crank re-shimmed, bearings replaced and heavy duty studs fitted.
    Standard cards with K&N filters.
    Bike Dyno tested with 77.02bhp at the rear wheel (not sure if that’s good but enough for some fun)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Nice one buddy, welcome to the forum, enjoy.

20. :eyes:..............................o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information