1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900 Ss Ie - Stood A While, Service Etc.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Alan williams, Nov 4, 2018.

1. My bike has not been used much the last 18 months.

I have finally cleared the rubbish out of my shed and have room.

Apart from the obvious service, while it’s there what else should I check / improve ?

It’s a 2000 plate.

Would like to put slightly louder pipes on, currently standard, but not sure what’s available ( affordable?) now.
    Haven’t done much work on bikes for years, most of my experience was on British bikes and two strokes.

2. I took the trumpets out of the air box on mine. This lets the rider hear the lovely induction roar without affecting anyone else. Its free to try of course and you can always slip them back in at anytime, takes about a minute to do.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'd bleed brakes too. If you are putting pipes on, the next logical step is an open airbox lid and a Power Commander. Well worth it. Smoothes it all out

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is changing the pipes straightforward?
    Bear in mind I’m used to old British bikes and two strokes mainly.

5. Alan, changing the pipes is about as simple as you can get. There's one mounting bolt holding them in place. They are a push fit into the manifold. There's no clamp. The only issue would be if you were changing to high levels as you would then need to get hangers and ditch the passenger footpegs.
    Ian

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds good, wasn’t sure if there were any other changes needed to fuel injection etc

7. Mine came with Arrow pipes and no other changes. If you open airbox it'll need fuelling done

8. Ok, maybe a stupid question, but what is involved in doing the fuelling ?

9. As it's breathing better with open airbox and exhausts it'll lean out the mixture so will need additional fuel. You can get the OEM ECU remapped or get a Power Commander and download one of the maps from their website.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It'll probably run alrightish but not ideal as I found it to be quite lumpy without the Power Commander

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you.

Is ECU remapping something that requires expensive interfaces or software ?
    I am computer literate and work with PLC’s.

I’ve also been looking at using a raspberry pi to create a digital dashboard. More for fun in the first place - but will see where it leads.

12. Google Rexxer mapping

13. Ok. Thanks.

A quick look tells me it’s relatively expensive, power commander is a cheaper option ?

14. I got my Power Commander for about 300quid

• Like Like x 1
  15. Will probably wait and see what pipes I can get first and go from there, might be a slow process - need to earn the money first.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alan, if I was in the same position,I would just get it back on the road, all fluids, filters (don't forget fuel filter) changed, check chain links etc then think about upgrades after you've ridden it to remind yourself how great it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I think you’re right.

I do like tinkering but to be honest I bought it standard because I liked it.

Will busy myself on the tinkering looking at the raspberry pi powered digital dashboard. :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information