1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900 Ss Showa Shock Bearing

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Scottiebike, May 7, 2021.

1. tried searching for previous posts - not a lot! MOT today have got an advisory regards slight play in rear shock bottom bearing on my 93 900 ss.
    It is a showa - will I have to strip it out to measure / find a part number?

Any recommendations for suppliers?

thanks

2. You might find that’s its not the bearing bush that’s worn so much as the bolt itself has fretted a little.
    I had that some years ago and just replaced the bolt. I can’t remember if it was the bottom or top.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. bought some from my local bearing supplier when i changed mine fair easy job if your handy with tools

4. thanks for info guys - going into garage now to strip out the shock and remove the bearing!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Watch for the bearing retainer spring clip flying across the garage!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Got it out without too much bother - spring clip bit fiddly to get out! Bearing is very dirty / rusty - only done 10k miles :-(
    Top hats in VG condition, outer seals okish.

Ordered a replacement from simplybearings.co.uk

#7 Scottiebike, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. dont think they last a long time get covered in debris and water etc
    small amount of play in the bearing fells like 2 inches of travel in the suspension
    most bikes have bushes in the suspension but no ducati go all out with a bearing lol

8. All fixed - very fast delivery from simply bearings :) Zero play now!

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information