1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 900ss Carb. Model

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Mick-Bob, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Well this has been a long time coming and I have changed my mind several times but I have finally decided to sell my Supersport.

I did have a Gumtree advert written out but the thought of getting offers of swaps for rusty old Vauxhall Astras and worn out 125s that were made in China was not at all appealing!

It is one of the very last standard ones with carburettors and I have owned it since June 2000. 12,487 miles. It was imported new by St Annes Superbikes and registered in April 1998. I am the second owner.

April last year it was fitted with new Pirelli Angel GT tyres, battery, cam belts as well as a new aftermarket clutch slave cylinder. Oil and filter were changed and valve clearances checked at the same time. I never used it due to lockdown but set about exploring the deserted back roads on my 40 year old Suzuki SB200 instead.

The bike has been stored off the ground with the wheels regularly rotated and the engine turned slightly every so often to stop the belts sitting in the same position all the time. Tank was drained and oiled, cylinder bores oiled as well.

All the original parts will go with the bike. There is also some service spares including various valve shims.

I have no idea what it is worth and looking at prices on eBay left me none the wiser, to be honest (think there are some chancers, by the looks of it). We are asked to put a price when listing on here so £4800 is the first figure that came into my head. If anyone thinks it is too high or too low please say so.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I will do my best to answer any questions. I will also sort out better photos but as we all know nothing beats viewing bikes in the flesh. I (and the bike) am (are) located in Angus, a few miles inland from Montrose.

Ducati2.jpg

Ducati1.jpg

Ducati3.jpg

Ducati4.jpg

#1 Mick-Bob, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Very nice, GLWS

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. That’s very nice and the right colour too!
    Good luck with your sale.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Lovely and supporting straps from GOD.:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Only the best for the best road bike out there! :upyeah:

6. Steady on.o_O;)

7. Thanks for all the "Likes", "GLWS" messages etc.

The bike is what a dealer would describe as "Immaculate" - it is not. But it is a lot better than some of the stuff they are presently offering for sale at higher prices.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information