1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Ie No Interest

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by JackT, May 22, 2019.

1. I've had my ss up for sale over the last 5 weeks with little to no interest. Any of you guys got any advice? It's for sale in the forum and on Ebay and auto trader do you think I'm asking to much?

2. Way too much I think. Another forum member sold his in an Ebay auction last week I think and it went for under £2k if I remember correctly. Yours is newer and lower mileage but that is not enough to make it worth close to the £3750 you have it at on here.
    Only my opinion of course but what you do next depends how keen you are to sell it and if you have a specific figure you cant go below.

3. Jack, I saw this the other day. Going by the prices on ebay that folk think they are gonna get, yours may not seem that high, however most of the higher priced ones are dealers so I would expect a private sale to be lower. I also have a 2002 late registered on a 59 plate, however, mine is the more desireable half faired Senna colours with the better swingarm, Ohlins rear shock and Marchesini wheels. Its also done about the same mileage as yours and I would be looking to get a good price for it if I ever sold and I reckon its perhaps worth north of what you are after. Tbh though, the scheme on your bike is a bit marmite, which may put some people off. Other than that, it looks to be a cracking motor, with low miles. Remember though that these arent as desireable as the early carbed ones so dont sell as well. The cheap one mentioned above, was ridiculously cheap, they dont come up that cheap very often. I would maybe reduce your price a little and see what interest you get. Under 3500 I reckon.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thanks I had about 5 people ring up when it was listed at 4k then I reduced it and it's all gone quiet

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Hard to sell the IE...my yellow one had the Marchesinis, ohlins and big swingarm, 28000 miles and it only cost me 1900. It was immaculate. If I was buying one it would have to have those components. Low mileage is nowhere near as important for me. But I would not pay more than 2500 for one of these later ones, in any colour. Even the cool 1000DS can be had for under 3k. If one is patient.

I added a seat unit, 1100 evo motor, termi high mounts.

I had to break it to get 4,500 back. 1100 for the engine, 600 for the swingarm, 500 for the termis, 300 for the ohlins, 200 for the frame, 600 for the wheels....then the price really drops for the standard stuff. Nothing went for more than 100 quid. Some bits still unsold!

#5 richgilb, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information