1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Ie Side Stand

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by JackT, May 21, 2017.

1. Has anyone changed or modified the existing side stand? I never feel that the bike is safe on the stand as it leans really far over. I always put a block of wood under it when it's in the garage but I'd like a more permanent fix.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. If it's the same as my 750SS was, I machined the extended part off that the cranked arm, attached to the spring, hit so it now acts as a "normal" side-stand, i.e. stays down even if the bike is moved.
    When in my garage I always park in on paddock stands.

3. get a carby one...bike that is not stand... Seriously though, I know you can get add on bits ( a lil plate that you fix to the end of stand) for 74/999 , maybe something is available or could be made for yours..
    put a 1098 stand on my 748 for the same reason

4. I made a steel plate 8mm thick for the bottom of my carby ss stand - easy job. A single c/s M6 bolt holds it in place with the addition of a 6mm steel peg to stop it swivelling. The peg was used rather than two bolts because I didn't want any bolts showing on top of the foot.

5. As these bikes are older and have worn sidestands they get worn away especially as they are alloy on the carby. I too added a plate of alloy to the bottom of my carby sidestand although I have the head of a squashed rivet visible on top as I used that and a countersunk screw to secure.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information