1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Standard Sprocket Sizes ?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Mark9, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Hi, could anyone tell me the standard sprocket sizes for a 1991 900ss carby?, thanks Mark.

2. Hi Martin, I’m about to buy a new chain and sprocket set, current set came with the bike and is getting a bit ropey, the advert says “standard sizes” so I’ve messaged them to find out how many teeth, I also need to check what I’ve actually got on the bike at present, it’s probably 15/37 as the gearing is on the tall side, that said I’m rarely in town so I’m happy with it as it is, I’m quite often at motorway speeds (even when not on the motorway:) ) so I don’t want to up the revs in top.

A09062A6-C685-49F6-8434-7D812C86D659.png

3. 15/37 is standard. 15/39 is what I have. Its a popular swap

4. I was too lazy to check what was originally fitted, so imagine my horror when I went to fit the new sprockets and found a 40 fitted on the rear!, I thought fitting the 37 was going to make it difficult to ride etc, anyway went ahead and it’s fine, really not at all awkward in traffic and it’s nice to cruise at 80 using only 4250 revs.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information