1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916/996/998 What Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by XH558, Oct 3, 2019.

1. A pair of tyres required for the 996R PDQ as the rear is bald in the middle,they're for public consumption / dry days only,what are you guys & girls wearing at the minute.:thinkingface:give me some ideas please.

2. Pirelli Rosso 3

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. What do you've these on at the minute 999/996? mileage good or not?

4. Michelin Power Rs sport

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. on the 996. Hard to say on millage as I've done about 750 miles in the 2 1/2 years I've had them

I have the Power RS on the 999 and don't like them as keep tearing up the rear, even the road, and I've made a lot of effort to have the pressure right.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Still happy with Metzeler M7 RR
    They've served me well.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Dunlop d212.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Lots of ideas:upyeah:I can work with any tyre manufacturer at the end of the day just not sure whether to go for all out performance or a compromise with a slighty higher/harder mileage tyre as the rear centre gets shagged out prematurely everytime.

9. I am super impressed with the Bridgestone S22s.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Pilot Power 2CT:upyeah::upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Run most my bikes on Bridgestones and they are great, the S22 is a great shout.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. That's two votes for Bridgestones:upyeah:I've been looking at the reviews now on the above suggestions with interesting reading/prices.:upyeah:

13. Have run Metzeler M7RRs on my Multistrada 1200, my 748R and my 1098R, awesome tyre for me but you might as well ask your mum to pick you a girlfriend as ask for an opinion on tyres. Everyone has a positive story and everyone has a nightmare story. I hate Michelin with a passion and think they are rubbish, I dislike Dunlop because I don’t like the profile and so it goes on. Good luck :upyeah: Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. She couldn't do a worst job than me on that front as i just keep picking headbangers,Lol;)
    You have given me what i wanted to know another member running the M7.:upyeah:but i do agree with you it's down to personal choice at the end of the day but this is a good exercise for me & others on here.

15. Michelin Power Cup Evo.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I'm going M7RR, nice tyre with good feedback and that warms up quickly even on a gentle ride.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've to say i'm leaning towards these M7RR with good write ups.

18. I have to say, as long as it’s black and round and does it’s job, I can’t really tell the difference. All this ‘oh yeah, it’s quicker to turn in on ........(tyre X, Y or Z)’, or ‘tyre ABC warms up quicker’, or ‘tyre DEF gives no feedback’ is all beyond me. I use a tyre, it wears out, I get another. It does the job, can I tell the difference between the new tyre and the old one? Yes, but only because the old one was shagged before it was replaced otherwise it wouldn’t have been replaced.

In my humble opinion a lot of tyres are bought because that’s what people want other people to see thy have on their bikes. ‘Oh look, he’s got blah blah blah tyres, he must be a reeallly good rider’ . For sure don’t stick a Scorpion trail tyre on there but in this day and age I find it hard to believe that your average road rider doing 3000 miles a year is going to notice the difference between any top brand tyre designed for their particular bike.

That’s my logic anyway so when I had to get 2 new tyres for the 748 earlier this year I got Bridgestone Battlax thingies coz the not so local dealer had an offer at €150 for the pair.

Just my tuppence worth. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Back in the day the new bikes that i purchased came with Michelins & Bridgestones and i replaced them once worn out with Pirelli Dragon Corsas it was a confidence thing for me for sure.
    There's no doubt about it i want a deal/offer on the pair plus i need another two for the other machine.It's going to an expensive winter getting them back up to speed.:(

20. SuperCorsa scrubs are £80 a pair and you look a hero.

Not great in the wet though.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information