1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 / 996 Sps

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Anje, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Dear all,

I'm looking for a nice 916 / 996 SPS that's been well taken care of & loved by its passionate owner(s).

"Km" by themselves are not that important, and mods can be ok as long as they are well made and "in the spirit" of the bike. I tend to prefer the earlier '97 fairing graphics, yet at the same time 5 spoke wheels and black carbon airbox..
    Most important will be to have clean known history & maintenance records, looking for a great bike that can be ridden without issues.

Closer to France the better and would prefer a "Km" / continental EU setup model, but priority goes to the right bike before distance, so please don't hesitate to contact me if you're aware of a great opportunity.

Thanks!

#1 Anje, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. Hi,

I’ve got a 996s that I’m contemplating on selling as just don’t use it anymore (700 miles in last 3yrs).

Just had the expensive desmo service appx 400 Miles ago receipt for £1200!

Great condition with the biggest folder of receipts for servicing that I’ve ever seen.

It’s a 2001 model (red) and done 21000 km

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Pfk,

Thanks for your message; I'm more looking for a SPS, but your bike sounds like a nice one please feel free to send me more details and photos by pm.

4. @cookster you decided what you are doing with that freshly built, like new one you have with full ohlins?

5. @bradders not yet mate, il ride it first but compared to the 1198 think it could be up for sale, i keep changing my mind which one to keep and which one to sell :thinkingface:

#5 cookster, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  6. flip a coin:thinkingface:;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. You know my view matey: if money isnt the driver, the 1198 goes and is replaced with a s1000rr or V4 aprilia or something ;)

Doesn't help the OP in his search tho :lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'm trying to follow you guys :D
    Is there a link about that SPS of yours cookster?

9. He's not selling...he's selling...he's not selling LOL

Seriously, if he does, the miles (uk bike) will be a bot higher but its had pretty much nut and bolt rebuild and will be MINT! And if I had disposable this year, I'd nee taking it for the office that I have (that isn't big enough!)

10. Yeah in the 996 section. Not sure how to post a link : unamused:

I'd sell for the right money , as mentioned it's going to be a minter with some nice parts.

11. Thanks found it also and I've just read through it, looks like a great project.
    Has the bike already been completed since the last post? Any update?
    Not sure I understood what kind of detailed work/tuning of the engine you went for in the end? What's the full final specs / "upgraded" parts list?
    Did you went for that ex-race AMA exhaust? looked wicked :)

12. Didn't bother with the exhaust in the end kept the original just polished it. Had total engine rebuild and blue print. Bucci slipper clutch , mag clutch cover, got some carbon/mag dymags going On, hopefully mag swing arm and 30mm yokes soon. Engine should make 135bhp.

13. Ok, did you go for the different / high comp. pistons you were mentioning in the thread?
    Looking forward the end result, should be a nice ride.

14. No was going to be mega expensive to fit the pistons as we had to replate the bores as well, we got the same result by skimming the heads and setting the squish correctly. Crank and rods balanced and lightened , heads ported and cams superfinished . It's going to be a lovely engine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. IMHO a much better way to do it: high quality engine builder putting it as it should be. No tuning, no messing, just max efficiency and reliability from whats there with a bit of polishing etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. :upyeah:I'm no pro engine expert but I have to say that's my gut feeling as well with such already high end models; plenty of potential and "character" is already there, just need to maximize it and ensure it rides best as it should following the factory nominal specs.
    When you start to mess with the internals by changing parts & design I would think it's kind of choosing to do different compromises, and you must really know what you're doing not to mess with an already great design and impact reliability, especially if it's to ride mainly on the road.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Body work has been painted as well with original ducati decals.

18. End of summer (not quite) bump.
    Still patiently looking for the one :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  19. There's a few on eBay matey

Do Not Sell My Personal Information