1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Cylinder Heads Identification

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Noods, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Can anyone please advise to the unwise, Ive a 1994 strada 916 rebuild, one head is off with the other to follow soon. Lots of numbers and letters stamped on the vertical head I have off, is there anything stamped which identifies the horizontal head from the vertical please? I’m bagging valves rockers etc all separately but wish to make sure they eventually go back in their correct head.. I guess I could punch my own codes if all else fails...

X

2. I thought the engine was with Glenn? Ask him to do a centre punch marking on one of the heads which should then help with instant recognition? Dunno

3. No mte it’s with me.. I can punch them as I mentioned I just wondered if all the letters and numbers meant anything... x

4. Both heads have the same part numbers and can presumably be assembled as vertical or horizontal depending on which side the components are fitted from. As such they will both be marked the same. You could mark them H and V to ensure that everything goes back in the same place,

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information