1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Handlebar Clamps

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by don quixote, May 25, 2022.

1. Hey All,

I need to replace a cracked handlebar clamp. Spoken to motorapido. Only supplied from Ducati with the handlebars at around £250 each. I want to replace both sides because, well, why wouldn't you replace both 27-year-old parts at the same time... But £500 total is a no go.

I can't find the clamps anywhere on Ebay.

Please can somebody point me in the right direction?

Kind regards.

DQ

#1 don quixote, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
  2. That sucks. There are any number of generic clamps available, usually sold by diameter. So 56/22 for example is 56mm fork diameter and 22mm handlebar diameter. A lot of them are one piece and require you to slide the forks down so you can get the clamp in but otherwise they are a option. Can't help with OEM.
    Screenshot_20220525-175652~2.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. i take it they are single bolt fork clamp ?? i think i have a pair of single bolt

4. Note, there is a locator pin on OEM bar end clamps, which fit in a recess on top yoke to set the angle of the bars.

I'm sure I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but these are not generally included in aftermarket variants.

5. theres 2 sorts ,,single bolt fork clamp and two bolt,, the handle bar clamp are all 2 bolt so has your clamps got a total of 3 or 4 bolts,, they both have the locator pin for top yolk

6. I have replaced my Showas with ohlins on my 748sps
    I also have a 1098.
    The bars from the 1088 are flatter and fit the 748
    I would think 1098 Showa bars fit 748 showa forks

• Useful Useful x 1

7. upload_2022-5-27_6-39-15.png

This is the one I need. 2 bolts attaching to the handlebars, 1 bolt attaching to the fork, and a 1 pin opposite.

Thank you so far for all the replies.

8. Not at all, im a total novice and welcome any and all advice!

9. Did you have a look to see if you have what im looking for Stu? :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have a pair date stamped 1997 , with or without bars,, message me if you need to know more

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information