1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Sp - Standard Eprom (916 Sp -057-)

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by KevB, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Trying to locate a standard EPROM for my 916 SP3 as I am hoping to return the bike to its fully original state. I have the open pipes (Termi) EPROM in-situ but have lost the standard OEM part at some point during various moves. It is Part No: 54610641A (916 SP -057-) which fits the Magnetti Marelli P8 (IAW 435) ECU. Picture for context. Cheers, Kev.
    Ducati_OEM_EPROM_Termis.JPG

2. Try Rich at Luigi Moto

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Just giving this a little nudge...

4. Still searching... :-(

• Like Like x 1
  5. The part number is correct but no longer available so trying to locate one second hand or one that may just be lying around in someones stock room. I could get a new one mapped, but I want the orignal EPROM part for the bike if at all possible. Oddly, the open can (Termi) EPROM for this era can still be found. Re the ECU, I hadn't seen this ad, but there seem to be plenty of these available. I will probably pick one up at some point just so I have a spare. Thanks for the look though :) Cheers, Kev.

6. Still looking for one of these...
    Ducati_OEM_EPROM_StandardCans.PNG

7. Still on the lookout...

8. PM Me Ill burn you one

9. Hi Tim, thanks for the note; I think I (well someone for me...) have managed to source a Ducati OEM EPROM (still boxed) so I am just waiting for it to arrive to confirm. Cheers, Kev.

10. No worries Kev
    If you need one let me know and I’ll send it FOC
    I have a 94 SP1 and copied the EPROM so It’s easy for me to make a copy.
    Tim

11. Still on the lookout for an original part...

12. Hi Tim, struggling to find an original. Is your kind offer still open as I want to put the original cans on and clean up the Termis? Let me know of any cost involved. Cheers, Kev.

13. Hi Kev
    Yep! Still happy to help.
    I'm a little tied up with helping get a couple of race bikes to the NEC tomorrow but will look at sorting an EPROM for you asap.
    You will just have to print the label and stick it onto the EPROM. All else will be as Std factory with 45/50 exhausts.
    If you send me a PM with your contact details I'll stick one in the post as soon as I can.
    Tim

• Like Like x 4
  14. PM'd.

15. Sorted? Thread closed?

16. Yep I reckon so. Tim K has been a great help so can park this one. Cheers, Kev.

17. I’m looking for a 056 eprom (SP with open Termi’s), are you planning on keeping it or do you want to part with it?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  18. Planning on keeping the EPROM, Termis, or SP? All three I'm afraid... good luck with search. I had been looking for an original for ages and then out of the blue one appeared, just got to keep those eyes peeled!

BTW, try haga40 on the 851/888 forum (http://www.ducati851and888.net/showthread.php?11101-Eprom-s&highlight=eproms). I think he had a wide range of NOS EPROMS, including 916 versions, available at one point.

#19 KevB, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  19. Give me a day or 2 to root it out as I've got a P8 taken from a 916SP.
    When I find it I'll remove the cover and check what chip is in it, then the chip will be for sale as I run fully custom maps in my motors.
    I know that it works as I plugged the P8 into my loom and fired my 851/916cc with it.

Steve R

Do Not Sell My Personal Information